Position reports to the Vice President of George A. Wright & Son Toronto, your direct responsibility is to provide sales and applications engineering for material handling conveyors manufactured and distributed by George A. Wright & Son Toronto. Product line includes primary stainless-steel conveyors, 24V and secondary product handling conveyor systems and CDLR pallet handling conveyor systems to diverse range of customers and industries throughout North America.
Your combined 5 to 10 years experience in material handling, packaging or process automation includes experience developing and preparing quotations, establishing costing standards, applications engineering, CAD layouts, product specification, electrical controls, line integration of material handling conveyor systems or similar automation industries.
Your extensive AutoCAD experience in systems design and line-layouts is complimented with an in-depth knowledge of materials, machine shop practices, sheet metal fabrication, mechanical assembly, electrical controls, drives and line integration.
You have an existing network of industry contacts, an in-depth knowledge of the North American material handling industry, understand the strength and weaknesses of domestic and international competitors.
In this position you are the primary technical and commercial customer interface, you are responsible for the development of technical specifications, customer quotations and CAD layouts, you work directly with robotics and systems integrators, material handling distributors, OEM, original equipment manufactures, end-user accounts and material handling equipment suppliers in support of George A. Wright & Son Toronto sales team, including the senior management, regional sales managers, project managers, agents and manufactures representatives.
- Develop and refine the inside sales process, reporting and forecasting
- Determine employee and sales agent development and training plans
- Recommend and implement plans for meeting business targets and revenue growth
- Develop and execute a comprehensive account penetration strategy
- Leverage an established network and pipeline utilizing CRM tracking application
- Accurate preparation of key business indicators and projects opportunity pipeline
- Prepare and deliver proposals, presentations and product demonstrations
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic accounts and customers
- Deliver accurate and timely customer requirements to your solutions development team
- Develop success measurement tools and metrics
- The ability to effectively respond to constantly changing priorities and activities
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience
- Provide leadership and guidance to the sales team as required
- In depth experience costing and manufacturing standards environment
- Minimum 5 years CAD design, process and line layout experience
- Minimum 10 years material handling, packaging or process automation experience
- Minimum 3 years SalesForce or similar CRM experience
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Effective decision-making ability
- Excellent customer service orientation with the ability to work with accounts at all levels
- Comprehensive understanding of all Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Methodical, analytical and systematic approach to work
- Detail oriented and ability to handle multiple assignments, projects, tasks and priorities
Position requires a strong mechanical engineering background, mechanical engineering degree, accredited qualification, certified electro-mechanical technician or equivalent verifiable engineering experience
George A Wright offers an engaging, stimulating, and rewarding workplace. They care about their team members, which is why they offer a total compensation package that includes:
- Competitive base salary with a high incentive program
- Continued training and development
- Work life balance
- Career advancement
Job Type: Full-time
- applications engineering in material handling: 5 years (Preferred)