A Primary Care Network (PCN) is a clinical network of local primary care service providers located in a geographical area, with patient medical homes (PMHs) as the foundation. A PCN is enabled by a partnership between Divisions of Family Practice and health authorities.
The Position: Reporting to the Director, PCN and PMH Initiatives, the PCN Project Manager is responsible and accountable for leading the design, implementation, evaluation, quality improvement, risk management and progress reporting to effectively achieve the goals of PCN projects within the established budget. This position will work with the Burnaby Division of Family Practice, Fraser Health Authority staff, primary care providers (including fee-for-service physicians), and community agencies/organizations.
- Complete project plans and lead the implementation through engagement with division members, staff, contractors, participating physicians, community and health authority stakeholders.
- Monitor project progress and finances as required; recommend modifications to project plans and/or budgets as needed and lead any refinement processes.
- Ensure delivery of the project is consistent with agreements, requirements and goals, and in compliance with policy and processes.
- Coordinate the duties and responsibilities of the program(s) team(s) and working group(s) to fulfill the project deliverables, and meet regularly to provide support, monitor progress and participate in project activities.
- Ensure comprehensive project evaluation by working closely with the project evaluator to ensure thorough and timely collection and analysis of data, and preparation of interim and final evaluation reports.
- Ensure that the security and confidentiality of all data is maintained consistent with provincial regulations and policy.
- Utilize project data to prepare quarterly progress reports for submission and inform continuous quality improvement and refinement of each project. Document quality improvement processes and changes.
- Prepare a monthly progress report to the Director on all project activities and assist to develop internal reporting forms and processes.
- Meet regularly with the Director to confirm direction, to provide project updates, and to escalate issues or concerns that arise from the delivery of the project that may be of interest or importance to project teams and/or the Board of Directors.
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to the completion of a bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 5 years of recent related experience with proven success in project management (preferably in healthcare). Experience in healthcare design is an asset.
- Preference given to candidates with formal project management experience and Project Management Professional Certification.
- Understanding of the healthcare system, primary care and residential care context.
- Proven ability to manage and deliver projects.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in community development and engagement with experience in multi-stakeholder processes and evaluation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Flexibility and the temperament and skills to manage change in a rapidly evolving community health initiative with a significantly compressed timeline.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative, creative, and solution-seeking.
- Experience in managing projects focused on the primary care sector and working with family physicians is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate, plan, implement, organize and problem solve.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work well under pressure at times, to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion and professionalism.
- Computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and project management applications.
- Ability to work independently, as well as work closely in a supportive capacity with the Director.
Position will be posted until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- related : 5 years (Preferred)