Archway Society for Domestic Peace provides wrap-around services to women, children and families whoa re survivors of domestic and sexual violence. Services include safe shelter for women and children, programming for young parents, counselling, outreach services, court support, and specialized services for children/youth and their families who have experienced abuse, sexual assault, or witnesses a crime (such as domestic violence). We work collaboratively to create an environment that respects the traditions, rights, choices and voices of all staff and clients.
We invest in our people – we offer competitive wages, a generous benefits package that includes 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits, a defined pension plan, flexible scheduling, and a supportive team environment where we foster respect, trust, connection and collaboration. We are committed to the personal and professional development of our team via on-going training, an employee wellness program, and an Employee Family Assistance program for all staff.
Come join us! Create a better world and join a team that supports your personal and professional growth.
Responsible for the provision and day to day oversight of the Society’s financial operations through full cycle accounting, payroll, banking, internal and external financial reporting, and developing and monitoring Program and Society budgets. Ensures the proper maintenance of all essential records, documentation, and procedures to guarantee the seamless and compliant administration of the Society's finances and payroll.
Education, Training and Experience
· Degree in Accounting, Commerce or Business Administration
· CPA designation (or working towards) preferred.
· 1 year recent related experience, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
· Experience with accounting and payroll software is essential (Xero, HubDoc and Payworks experience are an asset).
Skills and Abilities
· Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Excellent planning, organizing and administrative skills.
· Demonstrated ability to manage and operate computerized accounting and payroll systems.
· Demonstrated ability to prepare and analyze financial reports.
· Ability to function independently and frequently under pressure, in an often chaotic environment, while managing multiple projects and deadlines.
· Ability and willingness to adapt to a flexible work schedule, depending on the needs of the organization.
· Ability to handle confidential information.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
· Full cycle bookkeeping
· Financial reporting and analysis
· Payroll administration
For a complete job description please visit our website at https://archwaysociety.ca/career-opportunities
Additional Job Information
- A Criminal Record Check for working with children and/or vulnerable persons.
- A valid driver’s license and availability of a personal vehicle in good operating condition required to run Agency errands.
- Archway Society has an Accredited Facility Dog working in our community programs and the canine may be present in meetings attending by the person in this position
Resumes from qualified candidates who identify as First Nations, Metis, Inuk, Black, trans, a person with a disability, or an individual from other equity seeking groups are encouraged to apply. We invite you to join our team and be part of a company that values and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
Please submit resume with cover letter to [email protected] Competition #2023-026.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Contract length: 14 months
Part-time hours: 28-35 per week
Salary: $35.00-$40.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Attention to detail is critical in this position. Please review the job qualifications and requirements; a covering letter outlining your experience is required to be considered.
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-11-13