Dear Future Teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
Our company is unique in Edmonton: we compete in a large North American market against some of the world's smartest tacticians. Our scope goes well beyond the borders of our city, our province, and even our country. Because of this, we have built a local eCommerce powerhouse, with a culture and depth of knowledge not available anywhere else in Edmonton.
We believe that working with high-performers is the best office perk; that practicing radical honesty within our team makes us exponentially better; that paying great salaries with excellent benefits gives us access to the best and the brightest; that giving freedom and responsibility brings out the best in people; and that being relentlessly customer-centric will drive phenomenal growth.
If you are an expert at your craft, have strong, fact-based opinions, and welcome the challenge of your life, then I personally invite you to join us.
- Sam Prochazka, CEO of GoodMorning.com
"Strategic Creative Leadership"
This will be your guiding mantra when you take the reins of our creative team to build and improve upon our:
- collection of industry-leading brands
- tactical engagement of digital and traditional advertising channels
- fact-driven books of best practice
- world-class creative asset pipeline
This position is full-time in Edmonton, AB, Canada. We welcome local applicants, as well as any Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible international applicants willing to relocate.
- Driving creative strategy and leading projects through full execution: contextualization, creative research, strategy (why and how), naming, copy-writing, content development, etc.
- Leading strategic creative decisions and working with internal stakeholders to gain buy-in on proposed creative solutions
- Leading the creative development of high-impact integrated marketing campaigns, visual identity, and creative design across digital and traditional channels
- Building, coaching, and grooming a team of world-class digital designers, graphic designers, video producers, and content specialists
- Managing projects, and overseeing the team workload by leveraging tools such as creative and project briefs, work-back schedules, and marketing calendars
- Ensuring all creative output is pixel perfect and copy-immaculate, every-time
- Creating rules, processes, and guidance for creative project briefs, briefing stakeholders on these rules, ensuring consistency and quality benchmarks are always met in execution
- Unifying visual identity and messaging across all internal and external channels
- Embracing a deeper connection to current trends in the media landscape, marketing trends, competitors, and customer needs
- Gathering creative insights and guiding the development of effective, on-brand creative that delivers improved ROI over time
- 7+ years experience developing creative, innovative marketing strategies, re-brands or leading the development of brands
- Proven aptitude for leading a large team (8+)
- Strong leadership including: ability to effectively steer a team; lead with passion; focus on what matters; and drive results measurable external to the business
- Hands-on experience in creative disciplines: graphic design; digital design; copywriting and/or video production
- Substantial experience with digital/e-commerce brands
- Experience leading brand development through omnichannel marketing: digital, traditional (TV, OOH), Social, etc.
- Demonstrable track record of making strategically-guided creative decisions, rather than purely creative decisions
- Demonstrable track record of delivering pixel perfection in image, copy, and video asset creation
- Passion for a collaborative creative process, exploring multiple concepts for consideration and ensuring final creative output always correlates closely with business objectives
- Ability to lead a project with multiple stakeholders, ensuring their multiple viewpoints are being considered and delivered upon, while staying true to the project objectives
GoodMorning.com is Canada's largest independent mattress retailer and Edmonton's largest eCommerce company. Our mantra is simple: "Rewrite the rules to do things better than everyone else."
Since 2010 we have worked tirelessly to develop and sell only the best products in the world and to deliver them in a relentlessly customer-centric way. We do this by hiring only the best and the brightest, and by facilitating a workplace that values freedom, responsibility, honesty, and great compensation.
We believe that the best office perk is to work alongside only high-performers, and we challenge ourselves (and our colleagues) to hold strong, fact-based opinions, to question assumptions, to think deeply, and to improve "the truth". If you are ready to be challenged, and to challenge us with your expertise, then we want you on our team.
- Include a cover letter and resume
- Include examples of past work showcasing your greatest achievements
We thank all of those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $115,000.00 to $160,000.00 /year
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)