King's Pastry is a leading wholesale bakery manufacturer in the food service and retail markets. Since 1996, we have been supplying delicious pastries, cakes and other delicacies from our modern processing plant to various large food service institutions as well as major chain retailers across North America.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
The Maintenance Supervisor has a key leadership role at the plant and is the champion for all reliability centred maintenance initiatives undertaken while transitioning the maintenance program towards world class. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that all assets are maintained in a cost effective manner so as to ensure that they satisfy all reliability and performance requirements.
· Manage and provide direct leadership to maintenance department
· Set priorities and expectations for the Maintenance Team to ensure effective utilization of resources
· Manage third party trades and/or contractors as required
· Manage complete maintenance program using ERP
· Actively contribute to the successful management of the plant’s processes and employees by offering support, feedback and counsel
· Keep current with technologies that relate to maintenance and food processing
· Ensure compliance with the TSSA as it relates to the inspection of boilers, pressure vessels and piping systems
· Demonstrate an active involvement/commitment to a progressive health and safety program and food safety program
· Remain compliant with CFIA regulations
· Being flexible, capable and willing to perform any maintenance task as the circumstances may require
· Develop, implement and maintain a preventive maintenance program on production equipment and buildings ensuring that any planned preventive repairs are scheduled in accordance with production schedule.
· Ensuring the efficient operation of plant equipment.
· Supporting and driving the implementation of any improvement initiatives.
· Participate and support the implementation of new equipment.
· All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
· At home in a manufacturing environment and have 5 years of more leadership experience in a maintenance role
· A university or technical college graduate with a degree, certificate or diploma in a related field
· Effective leading people in an unionized environment
· Results oriented, able to thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment
· An excellent communicator with highly developed leadership skills
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and experience with computerized
· Maintenance Management Systems Knowledgeable in best practices in a maintenance environment and what constitutes world class maintenance
· Knowledge and experience in protein industry and HACCP an asset
· Excellent communication skills.
· Very good inter personal and conflict resolution skills.
· Previous experience working in the food industry would be highly advantageous.
· Flexibility to work over time as and when required.
· Excellent troubleshooter.
Job Type: Full-time
- Vision care
- Dental care
- On-site parking
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Maintenance Supervisor: 3 years (Preferred)
- supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)