On behalf of our client, StarFish Medical, we are searching for a Senior Systems Engineer in Victoria, BC, or Toronto, ON, who will be responsible for working in concert with program management and the technical team to identify the ideal technical solution for the client within program constraints.
Your assignments will be varied, and some will involve you being the only Systems Engineer on the team whereas on others, you may be directing the work of other System Engineering team members. As an expert within the domain of System Engineering, you will contribute to the development of processes, procedures and training materials, and you may also deploy training to other staff members.
You are adept at building collaborative, cross functional and high functioning teams to spawn creative, open-minded and out-of-the-box thinking. You’re comfortable working alongside Program Managers, Project Managers and others within the Systems Engineering team. You don’t rely on a “one size fits all” solution and will tailor the systems engineering approach to deliver complex medical products in all phases of the development lifecycle.
A typical year at StarFish Medical means hands-on involvement with multiple projects for medical devices that meet various international regulatory standards in conformance with Starfish’s Quality Management System.
If you answered “yes”, and you have a minimum of 10 years of recent related experience, we encourage you to review the Job Description at www.TallSky.cato find out more about this Senior Systems Engineering leadership role.
StarFish Medical offers:
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- An award winning company culture & tight knit team
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing in Victoria, and TTC/Transit subsidy in Toronto
- Galloping Goose access and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Victoria
Our Ideal Candidate Brings:
- A Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Sciences, or similar degrees in Mechanical, Electrical or Software/Firmware or Systems.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of recent related experience.
- Proven leadership and organizational skills and capabilities.
- Demonstrated systems thinking capabilities.
- Meticulous attention to detail, including ability to maintain accurate records and traceability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts and requirements clearly.
- Experience writing, reviewing, and executing test plans.
- Ability to thrive in environment of ambiguity and uncertainty and able to rapidly understand new technologies and incorporate on-the-fly change of plans.
- Knowledge of medical device development in an ISO 13485 or other regulated industry is desired.
Your salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a competitive benefits and profit sharing package are included.
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
StarFish continues to grow and our teams work in energizing, purpose-designed facilities with some of the best medical device design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver exciting product experiences for varied device markets and customers. Expand your career and industry experience while fostering relationships with our top-tier medical technology clients, all while working on cutting edge projects that range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
In our surveys, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish. If this is the type of collegial and supportive environment you strive to be a part of, and you love to apply the logic and organization of project management and work directly with our clients and product development teams, then we encourage you to read on!
If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
After reviewing the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and a cover letter that describes how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following initial application acknowledgement. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Systems Engineering: 10 years (Required)
- medical device development in an ISO 13485 environment: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)