Position Job Title: Academic Coordinator
Reports To: Manager, Academic Operations and Support Services
About University Canada West
UCW is a business-oriented, teaching intensive university. The primary role of faculty at UCW is to teach. Faculty will be expected to take part in committees and to stay active in their field. Faculty are encouraged to engage in scholarly activities.
UCW offers undergraduate and graduate degrees (Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication and Master of Business Administration), both online and on campus.
The University is currently growing, as it is increasing intakes from both international and domestic markets and looking to establish additional Master-level degrees in the business area. The academic year has four intakes: in January, April, July and October (each term is 12 weeks in length).
Under University Canada West’s (UCW) organizational structure, the Academic Coordinator provides administrative support and reports to the Manager, Academic Operations and Support Services.
This position is integral to the delivery of quality services to faculty, staff, and students (domestic, international, undergraduate, graduate, on-line and in-class)across all University programs in Vancouver. Hours of work are variable and may involve a hybrid schedule of remote and on-campus work.
The primary purpose of the Academic Coordinator position is to provide quality administrative service to faculty, staff and students through the delivery of general administrative support for the campus in collaboration with the Academic Affairs team members.
The working hours are variable, and the position is hybrid.
The Academic Coordinator will at various times be responsible for the following as well as other related duties as assigned to support the business objectives and purpose of the Company:
Administrative Assistance & Support
- Provide administrative assistance to the Manager of Academic Operations and Support Services
- Coordinate with Academic Operations team to implement and maintain Academic procedures and processes
- Provide general administrative support to faculty and Chairs as required
- Maintain internal communication and messages between staff, students, and faculty
- Refer communication to appropriate departments as required in priority sequence
- Collaborate in cross-departmental meetings to assist with academic operations
- Follow up on general academic related concerns and issues related to students and faculty
- Ensure faculty prep room is stocked, and collaborates with faculty for classroom support
- Assist with maintenance of Faculty Resources in SIS and portal
- Assist with maintenance of course content/course loads in SIS and portal
- Contribute to faculty training sessions and orientations as required
- Collaborate on Learning Management System (LMS) maintenance, updates, and templates
- Assist faculty with updates to LMS course shells
- Assist with faculty access to accounts, files, campus, etc.
- Troubleshoot technical issues regarding course content functionality
- Other duties as assigned
Data Tracking & File Maintenance
- Organize and maintain general academic files
- Update data tracking for Academic Operations
- Generate and maintain academic reports and statistics
- Create new methods of data tracking as required
- Administrative experience in a post-secondary educational setting
- A strong, service-oriented focus
- MS Office proficiency
- Proficiency in Moodle or similar Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Proficiency using Student Information Systems (SIS)
- Ability to quickly assimilate and employ diverse IT modules
- A high level of ethics, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Advanced oral and written abilities
- Organization, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Ability to positively engage with students, faculty and staff and constructively problem-solve
- Adaptability and change management skills
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Basic training in office practices, customer service, and communication
- One to three years’ administrative and/or customer service experience in a fast-paced environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
Diversity and Inclusivity Statement
University Canada West is strongly committed to equity, diversity, and inclusivity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons / persons of color, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
The University recognizes that applicants may have had obligations outside of work that have negatively impacted their record of achievements (e.g., parental, elder care, and/or medical). You are not required to disclose these obligations in the hiring process. If you choose to do so, the University will ensure that these obligations do not negatively impact the assessment of your qualifications for the position.
If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected].
The University acknowledges that the territories on which UCW and its campuses are situated are the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and Səl̓ílwətaʔ (Selilwitulh) Nations. We thank them for having cared for this land since time immemorial, honor their graciousness to the students who seek knowledge here and iterate our dedication to valuing the ongoing contributions of Indigenous peoples and communities.
We greatly appreciate your time and efforts in applying for the position at UCW, however, please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC