If you have a passion for teaching and the desire to be part of an Awesome team, then we are looking for you. High School Tutors wanted to join our team at Scholars Education Centre-Newmarket. As a tutor and mentor with Scholars Education Centre, you will be responsible to provide superior individualized academic support to students. You are joining a dynamic team who want you to make a difference in each student you have the opportunity of working with! Join us in providing outstanding educational experiences to our students.
Essential Job Functions
- Instruct students in a low student-to-teacher environment
- Ability to tutor Grade 9 to Grade 12 Math and/or high school Sciences
- Accurately provide reporting regarding student progress as required
- Prepare teaching materials when applicable
- Attend training workshops as needed
- Excellent communication skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Able to work as a part of a team and independently
- Complete administrative tasks when required
- Achieve Real Life Results for each student!
- Follow, adapt, and provide feedback regarding each student’s individual Goal Sheet – our guideline and benchmark to providing individual success for each student we work with!
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work both as a part of a team and independently
- Strong multitasking abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work 10-20 hours per week (hours based on candidate availability)
- Experience with students in a teaching or tutoring environment would be an asset
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ontario Certified Teacher would be an asset
Job Type: Part-time
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)