Canada (CA) - Calgary, AB
Business Development; Engineering; Operations; Risk Management
This position is not eligible for our relocation program
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
The Management System Implementation (MSI) Team within TC Energy’s Canada Gas Engineering is looking for an experienced Risk Management Specialist to join our team. The Team is responsible for managing the governance, implementation, sustainment and continuous improvement of the Canada Gas Management Program.
Reporting to the Manager, Management System Implementation – Canada Gas, you will apply your analytical and critical thinking skills and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders, including exposure to senior leaders. You will drive the effective implementation of Risk Management within Canada Gas Operations, Engineering and Projects, more specifically, developing strategic recommendations for the sustainment of Risk Management across Canada Gas.
What you’ll do
- Facilitate and support the implementation and execution of risk management within Canada Gas for operations and projects
- Support Risk Management Process Improvements through Canada Gas
- Attend Risk Element Network Meetings
- Monitor and report adherence to Risk Management Processes, ensuring that they are effective, efficient and meet applicable legal and business requirements
- Maintain Risk Management Element processes, practices, tools, procedures, training, reporting and communications for the Canada Gas Management Program
- Primary point of contact for Risk Management Element within Canada Gas: includes governance and assurance activities, including acting as the Canada Gas representative to regulators regarding compliance with Risk Management Regulations in Canada
- Develop strategic recommendations for long term sustainment of Risk Management in Canada Gas
- Degree in Engineering, Commerce, Business, Risk Management or related discipline
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant work experience with proven risk management experience
- A combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience with operational, project and strategic risk management
- Canadian Risk Management (CRM) designation or related is an asset
- Experience applying ISO 31000 recommended practices in risk management and additional standards in Loss Management System (CSA Z662-15) and Hazard Identification (CSA Z1002-12; ISO 17776) is considered an asset
- Experience with Management System development and implementation is an asset
- Experience with the Canada Energy Regulator (either with audits or risk management) would be considered an asset
- Experience with integrating risk management at an organizational or business unit level
- Experience with operations and major projects
- Ability to coach leadership at different levels on Risk Management practice, tools and behaviors
- Broad business acumen with sound knowledge and understanding of the oil and gas industry
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, with ability to translate complex information to a variety of audiences in a simple and straightforward manner
- Demonstrated ability to develop and nurture strong networks to further business objectives
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet the time demands of unpredictable activities
- Capable of handling pressure and challenges in a dynamic business environment
- Team player who can respond to diverse needs of multiple stakeholders and be an assertive leader when prioritization is required
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive attitude rooted in our core values of Safety, Integrity, Collaboration and Responsibility
About our business
Our 93,330 km (57,900 mile) natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America – the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent’s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 per cent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America.
Apply to this posting by 01/29/2021 using reference code 78945. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
- Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
- All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
- TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.