B.G.C.S. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Position Types: 1 on 1 Programming Employee
Salary Range: $14.25 (plus MERCS) per hour.
Employment Type: Starting date – A.S.A.P. and ending on June 28th, 2022 (With The Possibility of Further Employment After the End of Contract.
Monday to Friday – 2:30pm to 5:30pm Plus Additional Hours On No School Days
To provide a safe, supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life.
Summary of Positions
The primary function of this position is to act as a 1 on 1 employee for a designated member that would require individual assistance and supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide a safe and healthy environment for the member to learn in and have the opportunity to develop new friendships and participate in activities.
· Supervise the member at all times.
· Organize and implement fun and safe activities that will meet the physical, emotional, social and intellectual needs of the member.
· Provide leadership and guidance for the child throughout the program.
· Participation in conducting general camp programming.
· Develop and adapt conventional teaching methods to meet the individual needs of the child.
· Cooperation with the entire staff in working together for the welfare of the Club and our members.
· Collaborate with the Program Director to define appropriate activities for the member.
· Assisting in any personal / medical needs.
· Maintain a positive working relationship with other staff.
· Respond to critical incidents.
· Ability to perform routine first aid tasks.
· Ability to observe participant behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures and apply appropriate behavior management skills.
· Plan activities that will give the member the ability to experience success.
· Responsible for reporting to the Program Director if there are any questions or concerns.
· Adherence to all provincial, federal and Club laws and policies specific to health, safety and liability.
· Adherence to board policies, stated hours of work, wearing designated work attire during hours of work.
· Other duties as required but not stated.
Thank you in advance for your interest; those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $14.25 per hour