Sustainable development tangled closely with green manufacturing of critical and strategic metals finds many applications in our fast-growing tech society. Our company is developing innovative processing technologies for critical and strategic metals and is looking to expand its team.
Experience in HYSYS, Aspen and METSIM is a must.
This employment opportunity offers a positive learning environment for recent graduate chemical engineers and exposure to industry practices, industry driven research and innovative process development. Our approach favours a strong team atmosphere and is supportive of discussion, collaboration, critical thinking and professional growth.
We are currently seeking a candidate for a chemical engineering modeling specialist post with strong technical skills. The candidate will work closely with the research team to advance the development of the company’s processing technologies. The modeling specialist will be presented with various chemical processes by the research team which will need to be evaluated and modeled using the appropriate software in-house. The modeling specialist will be responsible to validate experimental work with modeling and present the data to the research teams. The candidate will be involved in preparing reports and technical summaries which explain complex information in a clear and concise manner to the rest of the team, detailed engineering, techno-economical studies and feasibility studies.
Skills and responsibilities:
- Graduate (B.Sc. or Master's) in Chemical engineering
- Strong technical aptitudes
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and processes and apply them to the assigned lab work
- Dynamic, energetic, motivated and positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Excellent ability in understanding complex systems
- Strong writing skills in English and French
- Excellent and effective communication skills.
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Good background in technical writing: LOI, Grant, Report, Patent, Protocol and manual, Research literature review to produce quick summary, proofreading and organizing technical data, research articles and communication. Technical powerpoint presentations
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent ability in understanding complex systems and explaining them in a simple & logical manner.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
Everyone is obliged to wear masks at all times. Hand sanitizer and a mask is available when entering the building.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Aspen: 1 year (preferred)
- HYSYS: 1 year (preferred)
- Metsim: 1 year (preferred)
- English and French (preferred)