Our motto, "We are Ladies and Gentlemen, serving Ladies and Gentlemen", is evident in every interaction with our customers, co-workers, and team mates. We strive to find the best and brightest talent for each position within our organization, enabling the unique qualities of each individual to shine and compliment the entire team.
The FBO General Manager's role is to deliver exceptional business results in a Company owned/managed FBO operation. This position is ideal for someone who thrives on business development and inspiring the FBO team to deliver the Million Air brand.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Full profit and loss responsibilities for the FBO
2. Provide strong leadership and support to functional reports
3. Improve the profitability of the business by championing and implementing operational excellence techniques, continuous improvement of processes, and verification metrics
4. Business growth and development
5. Live, promote, and hold others accountable for the Million Air standards
6. Ensure department managers and other personnel have the resources (including staff capacity, technology and training) they need to achieve their goals
7. Foster a teamwork oriented, high performance culture that is customer focused
8. Contract review and negotiation, including but not limited to hangar leases, city leases, fuel supply, equipment and vendor contracts
9. FBO budget preparation, variance reporting and performance consistent with the goals of the company
10. Develop and assure necessary controls and procedures for business success, legal compliance and delivering Million Air's product
11. Strong recruiting skills, high affinity for assuring job certification and clear communication
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Management of a nationally or globally recognized brand
2. Demonstrated ability to interact with senior level executives
3. Ability to exercise independent direction and judgment and work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment
4. Strong leadership, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
5. High integrity/excellent critical thinking skills
6. Candidate must thrive in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment with a demonstrated record of achievement
7. Communicate with customers and employees in person, on phone, and through radio communications
This position reports to the Executive Vice President of FBO Operations
This position operates in a professional environment, which may include exposure to all types of weather conditions and direct contact with both moving and non-moving aircraft.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, to include but not limited to:
1. Must be able to lift 50 pounds
2. Possible exposure to hazardous noise levels, chemicals, fumes, and machinery
3. Outside work in all types of weather conditions
4. Stand to greet customers during verbal exchanges, walk throughout the facility to interact with customers
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is an exempt position
This position may require working evenings and weekends, and on scheduled company holidays to accommodate the needs of the customers and employees.
Travel is expected for this position to industry trade shows, sales opportunities, and new location start up as required.
Education, Experience, and Eligibility Qualifications
1. Degreed professional with a proven track record of business development and business control management
2. Minimum 5 years Aviation FBO management experience
3. Minimum 10 years of business experience resulting in full P&L responsibility for a business, or financial responsibility for a significant functional area
4. Ability to work evenings weekends, and holidays
5. Acceptable driving record
6. Ability to pass a background check
7. Zero tolerance drug free employer includes pre-employment and random screening
Million Air is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.