The District Manager, Saskatchewan, Solid Waste oversees the business of the district as a whole. This includes, but is not limited to, the customer service, safety, operational efficiencies and overall personnel management within the district. Additionally, this position is responsible for managing the revenue and cost elements of the district, requiring involvement with the sales and marketing initiatives, as well as the day to day operations. The District Manager is relied upon for the effective planning, delegating, coordinating, staffing, organizing and decision making to attain profitable results for the district.
This role will require regular travel throughout the province.
- Overall business unit accountability for performance, safety and profitability.
- Monitors budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with company standards and other standards and regulations.
- Liaise with the Health and Safety team to ensure thorough root cause investigations for all injuries and incidents, following-up with consistent discipline and retraining.
- Work closely with the HR team to oversee personnel needs of the district including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Manage and provide leadership for all supervisors and direct reporting employees
- Manage and attend all Health and Safety meetings and train employees on any safety issues
- Work with the Sales team to ensure any customer complaints and concerns in the District are resolved
- Assist in forming business plans for tenders and other new business ventures
- Oversee that all employees are adhering to company policies and procedures
- Oversee building and grounds maintenance for Operations
- Perform sales in house and sales calls when required
- Other duties as directed or required
- University diploma/degree in business or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 2 years in an Operations Manager role
- Experience and strong knowledge in waste management industry
- Experience and strong knowledge of operating trucks and equipment
Skills & Attributes:
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to motivate and inspire
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to plan, prioritize and execute
- Excellent knowledge of operations
- Strong knowledge of trucks and equipment
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent team player
- Excellent ability to listen, analyze and adapt to change
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday