White Tail Automation Inc. is looking to hire an Instrumentation Technician to provide hands on support by being directly involved in the maintenance, trouble shooting and repair of electrical and instrumentation equipment and systems utilized throughout the field and process plant. The scope of equipment includes but is not limited to, low power distribution, instrumentation, industrial communication and process control systems. Ensuring operational targets are met in a safe environmentally compliant and efficient manner.
- Ensure that the company has the capacity to achieve Zero Harm by actively identifying and reporting hazards using the sites hazard reporting system
- Ensure the achievement of budgeted maintenance targets by practising preventative maintenance through scheduled inspections, servicing, adjustments, troubleshooting and timely repair of plant equipment.
- Ensure plant and equipment are maintained and operated in accordance with the required standards.
- Work closely with the E & I Supervisor in ensuring safety and environmental compliance of the team.
- Contribute to skills development by actively imparting knowledge to, and providing on-the-job training and mentoring to technicians and trainees.
- Provide regular feedback to the E & I Supervisor on any issues that may arise
- Carry out preventative maintenance, installation and repair of activities of electrical and instrumentation systems as required
- Support the efficient operation of the production facilities by providing reliable and accurate maintenance knowledge, expertise and practical application, to minimise down time and subsequent loss of production
- Troubleshoot, repair and conduct periodic calibration of instruments on a wide range of equipment including analysers, PLC and process control equipment, communication networks, environmental emission and data logging equipment and field monitoring equipment
- Install, program and calibrate new equipment (rebuild as needed) and evaluate latest technologies for feasibility and efficiencies
- Create drawings and documents for future reference and maintain maintenance project records
- Maintain a working knowledge of all task instructions and procedures and ensure that these are consistently adhered to when carrying out maintenance tasks
- Promote a safe, efficient and effective work culture focused on continuous improvement and achievement.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping throughout the maintenance workshops and wherever maintenance work is carried out, to contribute towards a safe work environment, efficient operation of the facilities and to reduce the risk of incidents or injury and the existence of potential hazards
- Maximise return on assets through effective utilisation and care of maintenance equipment and tools, with due consideration of safety and environmental issues
- Complete all administrative processing requirements associated with maintenance duties, such as requisitioning of parts and materials, processing of maintenance orders, recording of labour time, etc
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment to health, community, environmental protection and take action to ensure that unsafe practices or non-compliant behaviours do not occur.
- Inform, involve and engage internal and external stakeholders appropriately; develop and maintain positive relationships and represent TMAC positively in the community
- Other such duties as may be assigned.
- Journeyman Instrument Technician with Red Seal endorsement
- Intermediate skills in math and reading wire diagrams and schematics
- Intermediate knowledge of measurement test equipment
- 5-10 years of experience with process control instrumentation and electrical/industrial electronics
- Proven technical skills, fault finding and repairing complex electrical, instrumentation and communication systems.
- Proven experience in control valve maintenance and repair.
- Certified training with pneumatic, hydraulic, and electromechanical valve actuators will be highly regarded.
- Knowledge of predictive maintenance activities for various instruments and equipment and the ability to develop and document accurate and thorough work procedures
- Experienced fault finding and utilizing the appropriate diagnostic tools to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Hands-on, self-sufficient and demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and organizational skills
- Quick learner; able to adapt to new technologies rapidly
- A structured approach to problem solving and project execution with the ability to plan, prioritize, and work under pressure to meet expectations and deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully both individually and within team environments
- Highly motivated & ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Focus on client service
- Be a result driven individual who takes ownership of problems and sees them through to completion
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail
- Works well in a constantly changing environment
Start Date: TBD - Immediate
Location: Texas/New Mexico
Shift Work: Various Shifts (14/14, 21/21…etc.)
Relocation: Willingness to relocate to Texas considered an asset. (Relocation assistance package available)
Job Type: Full-time