WHAT IS THE JOB?
Reporting to the Project Manager, Registration, the Data Analyst position will be responsible for conducting analysis and quality assurance for a specific project. The successful candidate will have experience related to data research, analysis, and project management. The Data Analyst will form and apply a strategy to rectify inaccurate data, to develop and implement procedures for data cleansing and transformation, and to develop strategies for long term maintenance of post-secondary degree data.
The Data Analyst position is a 4 month full-time contract role. The main responsibilities of the position are:
- Extracting and analyzing large amounts of data to identify inaccuracies and gaps in applications received by the Registration department.
- Conducting research and implementing a database on post-secondary institution degree programs to improve institution data sources.
- Parsing inaccurate data to reconcile with correct data.
- Using SQL to clean, process, merge and analyze various data sources.
- Developing and documenting strategies and processes for data cleansing, transformation and maintenance.
- Working with the Registration and Information System department to gather operational requirements and to implement database changes and application form logic.
- Supporting staff with other data analysis and reporting tasks as assigned.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Completed Bachelor’s, Master’s or other professional degree program in Engineering, Computer Science or other related field.
- 1 – 2 years of relevant work experience related to data management and SQL.
- Training in data analysis, cleansing and/or transformation methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of database systems and modelling.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Training in reporting and business intelligence applications (such as Qliksense, Qlikview, Essbase) an asset.
- Strong research and communication skills, and ability to work independently and as part of a team
WHO ARE WE?
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is responsible for the licensing and regulation of BC’s professional engineers and geoscientists. With over 34,000 members, we are the second largest regulatory body in the province. Engineers and Geoscientists BC offers contract employees a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, wages as pay-in-lieu of group benefits, and a Flex Day Program that offers compressed work weeks that result in paid days off for the extra time worked.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract