Strohmaier Excavating (2019) Ltd. is a Chilliwack based civil construction company with a proud history of over 40 years that provides a safe, healthy, and positive work environment for all our employees. We are currently seeking to hire a reliable, experienced, and motivated civil construction pipe layer wanting to work in Chilliwack and the Lower Fraser Valley area. Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the safe and efficient installation of a variety of pipe related to civic construction including, storm, water, and sanitary, ensuring pipe is laid to the proposed grade and alignment in accordance with project specifications, preparing and grading trenches, and maintaining a clean and safe work site.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years proven experience as a civil pipe layer.
- Must have good working knowledge of pipe grading, survey, and elevations.
- Ability to interpret drawings and specifications.
- Must have strong time management skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Must have a strong work ethic, be self-motivated, and work well with others.
- Must be in good physical condition / health (ability to perform physically demanding tasks)
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license and clear driver’s abstract
- First Aid certification an asset
The successful candidate will have a good attitude and be willing to work in all weather conditions.
Why Join Our Team?
We offer competitive wages, overtime after 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week, great health benefits including dental and vision care, and a positive work environment with an opportunity to grow within a well-established company. You will be joining a respectful and supportive team with an even better company culture.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32.00-$38.00 per hour
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- Civil pipe laying: 2 years (Required)