Investigator - Investigations & Organized retail crime
The purpose of this role is to investigate losses associated with theft and fraud as well as minimize liability for Lowe's by conducting fact-based investigations that align with the Lowe's regulatory policies and procedures. This role owns and directs investigations involving employees. The position owns responsibility to provide training material for APS personnel on investigation techniques and interviewing procedures. This position also provides oversight on organized retail crime and fraud-based investigations. The Investigator, Investigations & ORC may also own and direct specific responsibilities for Returns Management system; Criminal Background Screening; Credit Card Fraud- in store, phone and online; and Gift Card Fraud as well as directing, coaching and leading Lowe’s APS personnel and in house vendor support personnel.
- Responsible for conducting employee, organized retail crime, and fraud based investigations regarding loss prevention to reduce risk and increase profitability through reducing inventory shrink
- Establishes consistent development and accountability for activities with the APS team at region, market and store levels to include internal investigations and interview techniques, ORC training and deployment and training for new technology and tools to identify fraudulent behavior.
- Identifies and communicates significant investigations and trends to the Divisional Director of Merchandise Shrink, Analytics & Investigations, APS personnel along with potential loss and expense associated and advocates mitigating strategies to prevent future loss/expense
- Maintains active participation in the Organized Retail Crime Associations, in order to remain knowledgeable regarding loss prevention efforts of theft and fraud in the industry and effect legislation favorable to retailers and Lowe’s
- Owns, coaches and develops the entire APS organization on case management and quality assurance through consistent reviews and feedback on a case by case basis to reduce liability and increase efficiencies
- Either owns and leads and/or facilitates training of the APS team in identifying shrink and theft behaviors through the use of data intelligence gathering via social media and data driven behaviors.
- Owns or assists with decisions on data within Lowe’s that would add value and gaining access and implement into different applications and tools to produce desired outcomes in identification of theft, sales reducing behaviors or margin erosion activities. Additionally, identify data that will allow a more seamless experience for customers as well as mitigate fraud related to returns and sales transactions via store, phone and web.
- Own and lead as a Project Manager for new applications, technology and tools for the following purposes to include both identify theft as well as provide an investigative path, identify sales reducing activities, margin eroding behaviors, potential fraud via store, phone and web transactions, returns management system and criminal background screening solutions. Ensuring a seamless roll out and adoption by the entire LP team
- Own and lead or assist on ROI modeling for additional headcount and tools for chargeback reduction and return fraud.
- Collaborate with Lowe’s Digital, Gift Card Marketing and Payment Card Operations to minimize loss while enhancing sales and profitability.
- Own, lead and coach Refund Specialist team to become customer advocates and a resource for stores and the APS team and mitigate return fraud
- Lead and coordinate efforts with 3rd Party Gift Card providers to establish fraud base strategy to enhance sales and limit loss and exposure to our customers
- Collaborate with Store Operations Support on policy and procedures to minimize in store credit card fraud and enhance compliance with PCI regulations and laws
- Partner with IT Security, DACI and other information technology groups to review current platforms and risks
- Own, lead and direct or assist with the criminal background screening process within Lowe’s to ensure we maintain compliance with federal and state regulations and laws
- Collaborate and manage or assist with 3rd party provider and onsite vendor reps on day to day operations and continue to develop processes to streamline criminal screening and motor vehicle record checks
- Lead and manage or assist with the development of the Investigative Specialist position
- Military experience or comparable military police and special forces experience
- 5 years of multi-store experience
- 5 years conducting employee interviews
- 3 years organization retail investigations
- Certified Forensic Interviewer (CFI) or Loss Prevention Certified (LPC) or Certified Interview and Interrogation – Wicklander-Zulawski