Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Manager of Product - RACE21
Teck Resources Ltd. is Canada’s largest diversified natural resource company with a strong history of innovation over the last 100 years. The RACE21™ team is leading the charge in a company-wide renewal of technology and infrastructure, transforming mining for the next generation.
With financial backing and commitment from leadership, Teck envisions a fully integrated, agile, digital platform that will Renew, Automate, and Connect materials, processes, equipment flows, and data systems to expand and enable a broad application of advanced analytics, robotics, and artificial intelligence. As well as Empower employees to unleash their creativity and innovation at work, increasing sustainability, safety, and performance in real time, unlocking resource base knowledge and improving planning for optimal resource extraction.
Reporting to the Director of Digital, the Manager of Product develops and drives the product vision and strategy across the full portfolio of products within RACE21™. This person provides continuous feedback to the network of Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches, and Designers to ensure alignment with respective product visions. The Manager of Product works with the Director of Digital and the Manager of Technology to balance the portfolio of Digital solutions within RACE21.The ideal candidate will bring a strong perspective on industry trends and a proven track record of finding creative ways to deliver products that drive real value to end users.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Own the value deliver of the end-to-end product portfolio strategy from inception through build, release and scaling of solutions
- Empower a team of up to six to eight Product Owners to align their product roadmaps with the broader organizational strategy
- Champion the voice of the user – building a Design driven organization that puts the end user at the center of our product development process
- Build alignment among RACE21 leadership and drive clear and consistent prioritization of product portfolio strategy
- Set ambitious and clear product vision and communicate ‘the story’ effectively to key stakeholders and the team
- Work with Solution Architects and Technology leadership to ensure we build modular and reusable solutions
- Create a data driven product culture where teams prioritize based both on user feedback and on product impact and performance
- Coordinate capability building programs and lifestyle and culture initiatives alongside “role leaders”
- Build a rich and dynamic community of Product, Agile and Design professionals to drive the next wave of innovation at Teck
- Lead outreach activities into digital communities (e.g., Hackathons, Meetups, Conferences), collaborating with the Head of Digital Labs and HR team
- Strong perspective on products and technologies shaping our industry
- Comfortable with technology / IT to enable engagement and discussion with Product Owners and Tech Leads to understand risks
- Deep experience with Agile Development, with demonstrated excellence as a Product Leader (or similar) strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex messages and trade-offs and tell a compelling story
- Proven experience making tough calls, driving priority across teams and rallying support for a Product vision
- Ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders – strong leadership skills
- Strong problem solver with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress
- Challenger mindset and passion to challenge status quo to find new solutions and drive out of the box ideas – loves and embraces change
- Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency and trust across the team
- Not afraid to ‘roll up the sleeves’ and seeks to go outside comfort zone to learn – pushes the team to do the same
- Embraces agility, flexibility and ambiguity
- Awareness of industry trends, disruptions, and customer pain points to be able to coach product owners and teams
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Job Segment: Product Development, Social Media, Manager, Sustainability, Research, Marketing, Management, Energy, Mining
Job Type: Full-time