Job title :
RELIEF PART TIME (0.50 FTE)
The Professional Practice Office at the Kelowna Community Health and Services Centre is looking for a Relief Part Time Program Assistant, apply today!
This position administrative and technical support for other clinical education initiatives/programs within the Professional Practice Office (PPO) such as:
- Acts as an IH contact for clinical student placement processes by receiving, conveying, and exchanging information/documentation on student placements and clinical education initiatives/programs;
- Maintains, reviews, and renews educational affiliation agreements by gathering/exchanging information and completing/submitting required documentation;
- Liaises with IH HSPnet receiving coordinators, destination coordinators, and academic institutions to facilitate completion of documentation processes for clinical student placements;
- Supports internal IH users of the HSPnet system by performing duties such as activating/inactivating user accounts and responding to user inquiries and identifying and resolving routine issues;
- Utilizes computerized applications, web-based applications, and other database systems to receive and process documentation relating to clinical student placement requests, clinical education initiatives and other PPO projects;
- Enters and edits information into the HSPnet system including establishing new programs and courses, updating course information, establishing new cohorts for programs, ensuring team lists and contact info are accurate;
- Maintains, updates and modifies databases and documentation related to other clinical student placements and PPO work by performing duties such as data entry and compiling statistical data and summary reports;
- Composes and signs routine correspondence such as student placement confirmation and form letters as directed or drafts correspondence for review. Prepares, edits and maintains a variety of documents through various modes of communication such as written, electronic and web-based;
- Sets up and maintains paper and electronic filing systems for material such as correspondence, clinical student placement documentation and department files;
- Using pre-approved content, prepares e-Learning modules/presentation using various computer applications. Maintains and updates e-Learning modules and course registration procedures within the IH Learning Management System (LMS) as required;
- Receives, redirects, and suggests alternative placements to applicable coordinators and academic institutions. Maintains a tracking system to ensure student placement requests are responded to and finalized in a reasonable timeframe; follows up on outstanding requests as required;
- Attends a variety of meetings related to HSPnet/IH LMS and prepares agenda, records proceedings, prepares minutes/reports, and distributes as appropriate.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12
- Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
- Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
Hours of Work:
- A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
- Your Grade 12 Diploma;
- Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
08:30 to 16:30, 08:30 to 16:30, 08:30 to 12:30
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!