Requisition ID: 8810
Department: Rec, Cultural & Facility Services Dept.
Service: Community Rec, Culture & Sport Services
1 or more Part-time Continuous Positions – up to 24 hours per week
Salary Information: $16.550 - $17.517 per hour (2023 rates of pay)
Various Shifts: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Affiliation: CUPE 503 PT Rec & Cult
Location: Various locations
City: Ottawa, ON
Job Category: Recreation, Cultural & Facility Services
Application Close: 09/06/2024
Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services is responsible for the day-to-day operation of facilities and service delivery for recreation venues and programs, parks & recreation policies, and programs for cultural services. Ensures the operations, processes and services are customer-centric and efficient. The units deliver community recreation programs through geographically aligned areas across the City, aquatic, sport and physical activity programming for all ages, as well as programming to address the needs of individuals with disabilities and population segments who may experience barriers to access recreation services.
You are responsible for providing client care to participants according to individualized program plans that promote optimal functioning and well-being in a supportive recreation environment.
College diploma in related field or equivalent experience with ABI/Special Needs participants; Social Services Worker, Home Support Worker, or Personal Support Worker Diploma
Minimum of 1 to 3 years of related experience in Special Needs and client care
Current Standard First Aid, CPR and/or AED certificates
Crisis Prevention/Intervention training certificate
AODA Customer Service/IASR Training
Ergonomic Lifts and Transfers training
- Legislation protecting rights of special needs client, populations
- Client care • Health and Safety legislation, policies, procedures
- City of Ottawa and Parks & Recreation Branch Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers
- Knowledge of special needs population
- Training in feeding and other personal care requirements
- Strong communication skills
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Language Requirement: Various language requirements, locations may require English only, French only OR Bilingual competencies. Some positions require English oral, reading, and writing. Some positions required French oral, reading and writing.
- Police Record Check: The successful candidate will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Check with the Police Services detachment in their jurisdiction to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.; Note: Under the age of 18, requires a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters check in place of the Vulnerable Sector Check.; Police record checks completed by a third-party company will not be accepted.
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
- Please save a copy of the job poster. Once the closing date has passed, it will no longer be available.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from members of Indigenous, Black and other racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women and non-binary persons, persons of all ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, classes, gender identities and expressions.
Candidates are encouraged to self-identify as a member of one or more designated employment equity groups in the self-identification questionnaire.
The City of Ottawa provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.