Welcome to the Aviation industry!
Swissport is presently looking for motivated full-time warehouse agents to join our dynamic Team! Starting salary is $15.00 with a $0.50 increase once the employee obtains his/her RAIC.
Organize warehouse and storage facilities; arrange warehouse handling equipment and load/unload air cargo. Maintain the required safety and quality standards as well as comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and company policies.
- Load/unload air cargo from/to trucks
- Prepare skids, palletize and breakdown pallet cargo as needed
- Make sure paperwork related to the cargo is correct
- Assure proper handling and delivery of cargo and operation of related equipment
- Follow Dangerous Goods Requirements and Regulations
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures and Policies
- Operate forklifts and other motorized/non-motorized equipment
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Transport Canada Security Clearance
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work flexible working hours
- Ability to work in inclement weather
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International, on behalf of more than 850 client companies, provides best-in-class airport ground services for some 265 million passengers annually and handles approximately 4.7 million tons of air cargo at 133 warehouses worldwide. With a workforce of some 68,000, the world’s leading provider of airport ground services and air cargo handling is active at more than 315 airports in 50 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fueling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience.”
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00-$15.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Are you capable to work in inclement weather (any weather condition)?
- driver's license (required)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
- Overnight Shift (required)