Welcome to GFL Winterburn!
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Providing collection and processing for Waste, Recycling and Organics, GFL stretches from coast to coast with over 9,000 employees. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for full time energetic and driven Line Sorter to support our growing company.
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, we offer the following
- A healthy and safe workplace culture
- Continuous growth and opportunity for career advancement
- A competitive RRSP/DPSP program (after 1 year of employment), helping you plan for financial success down the road
- Modern and well-maintained equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package for you and your family
A Sorter performs a variety of tasks that include sorting recyclables and un-packaging products/recyclables on the sorting line. Other responsibilities include manual lifting, pushing bins, sweeping, and general cleaning throughout the plant in order to maintain production and cleanliness of the facility.
- Help in the sorting facility as directed by Lead Hand or Plant Manager
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Collect loose, blown debris, garbage around property
- Follow spill and fire procedure as per emergency procedure
- Grease and clean compactor and surrounding areas weekly
- Grade and sort incoming recyclables
- Previous loader or skid steer experience would be considered an asset
- Able to work as a team and contribute to the success of the organization
- Knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary
- Adhere to all company safety requirements
- Wear and maintain PPE at all times on the property
- Ability to communicate effectively
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent