The Flower Manager, reporting to the Director, Facility will be responsible for managing the Flower team tasks and responsibilities throughout the cultivation and growing process. The Flower Manager will work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure cultivation processes follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and meet compliance standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage effectiveness of cultivation activities to ensure compliance with regulatory framework
- Ensure consistent grow plan and grow methods are followed in line with the Director, Facility and Global Grow operations expectations and standards
- Oversee growers to ensure cultivation targets are achieved
- Conduct personal development and performance management planning for the Flower team including ongoing proficiency training and smooth onboarding in adherence to corporate strategic initiatives.
- Maintain and promote a positive work environment through collaborative discussions and structured team communications
- Ensure flower room metrics meet the appropriate standards and are reported in a consistent manner
- Achieve and maintain Good Agricultural and Collection Practices (GACP) for all flower rooms
- Ensure Flower team strictly adheres to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Good Production Practices (GPP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Ensures Flower team activities are compliant with all Health Canada standards
- Work closely with the Director, Facility and other subject matter experts to help identify opportunities for improvement, quality and yield.
- Manage all documents and associated responsibilities effectively as they pertain to the receiving of raw materials, propagation, sowing, growing, drying, harvesting, packaging, storage, picking, destroying, shipping and distribution
- Manage data collection for accuracy and ensure all tracking is compliant with government regulations
- Work in collaboration with Quality Assurance to ensure necessary practices are followed for high quality and yield
- Investigate deviations, implementing CAPA’s with appropriate follow up as necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or degree in Biology, Agriculture, Horticulture or equivalent commercial growing experience would be preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in cultivation of cannabis or other delicate commercial crops
- Expert knowledge in plant disease and pest mitigation without use of chemicals
- Extensive experience - 5 years experience as a grower
- Experience with automated environmental control software, programming, determining set points and monitoring practices
- Health Canada Security Clearance will be required
- Knowledge and compliance with GPP, and GMP
- Experience in an industrial, manufacturing and distribution environment is an asset
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Security Clearance: Health Canada security clearance will be required
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm. Evenings and weekend work may be required
Physical Requirements: Be able to work in a humid work environment for an extended period. Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of cultivation process
Zenabis is quickly becoming a key player in the rapidly growing Canadian cannabis industry. As a publicly traded company (TSX: ZENA) with over 30 years of experience in commercial agriculture, we have the potential to become one of the largest licensed producers of medical and adult-use cannabis in the world. We are a diverse and passionate team of doctors, scientists, cultivators, educators, and advocates with the same goal: to increase access to high quality cannabis products.
While headquartered in downtown Vancouver, Zenabis’ facilities are located coast to coast across Canada. As the reach of our products continues to expand nationwide and internationally, we are looking for exceptional talent to propel our company to the next level. Join us as we help build this budding industry! For more information, please visit: https://www.zenabis.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- cultivation: 5 years (Preferred)