Shaw GMC, part of the Kaizen Automotive Group, is one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and a leader in automotive retail. We are looking to expand and grow our business and are currently looking to add a qualified JOURNEYMAN TECHNICIAN to our team in Okotoks.
Shaw GMC is a family orientated business, focusing on great relationships with our customer and community. We are seeking individuals who are invested in creating lasting relationships with our current customers and new customers! We offer great pay and benefits with ongoing training and support for our employees. If you’re looking to join a great team in a well-balanced and you excel in customer service – apply today!
The Automotive Service Technician is responsible for the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of vehicles. The utmost care is required for accuracy and to ensure safety. The role requires a high attention to detail following GM service guidelines, being able to manage time efficiently, and enjoying a fast-paced environment.
- Diagnosis and repair of vehicles
- Performing vehicle maintenance
- Participate in GM training program
- Perform GM specific repairs as guided by bulletin and warranty steps and procedures
- Maintain clean working environment
- Previous dealership/technician experience is an asset but not required
- Basic journeyman mechanics tools
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Journeyman certificate valid in Alberta
Compensation and Benefits;
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our employees;
- Group Health & Dental
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid vacation
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities
If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism and teamwork – now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of one of the 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada.
- Extended health care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Subsidised gym membership
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- dealership technician: 2 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)