Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensure compliance by the company to OHS laws, regulations and standards and the application of these in the organization
- Participate and support as needed in investigations and accident analysis
- Collect all incident, accident and near miss reports, review and follow up with Team Leaders and employees as needed.
- Preparing On Duty Injury Packages for Team Leaders
- Actively participate in the Joint Health and Safety Committee; prepare for monthly meetings, ensure members are completing inspections; record all violations from inspections and follow up on action items
- Update Safety Talks matrix on a monthly basis and follow up for 100% compliance
- Review all H&S reports and analysing compiled data to determine areas of improvement and trends
- Distribute monthly safety talks and ensure all employees have completed the training
- Complete health and safety orientation with new employees and Team Leaders
- Maintaining H&S master training matrix, ensure all required training is completed
- Update SDS binder as required to meet compliance expectations
- Updating Health and Safety communication boards as needed and other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in Occupational Health and Safety, open to an Intern/Co-Op placement.
- Proficient in MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must be extremely organized and a self-starter including strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong interpersonal and trouble-shooting skills; deals with conflict effectively.
- Must be a strong multi-tasker and must excel at coping with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with a high attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Internship