Wesbell is seeking a junior buyer. The candidate will be responsible for the purchasing of material required for our fabrication operations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Issue and follow up on purchase orders, update delivery and pricing
- Establish and maintain a working environment and partnerships with vendors
- Ensure timely acquisitions of products and/ or services
- Resolve issues in the areas of requisition accuracy and completeness, on-time delivery or supplier payment terms and conditions
- Work with Project Managers and understand their requirements.
- Manage and update data in ERP system, including but not limited to, price and lead time.
- Placing of purchase orders to vendors, working out the accurate delivery dates and updating the ERP system
- Request quotes from established vendors and creates professional, business relationships with them
- Expedite orders when required
- Work with accounts payable team to resolve invoicing issues
- Comply with purchasing policies and procedures
- Participate in supply chain functions that may involve helping in counting inventory, receiving materials and assisting in organizing and coordinating between purchasing and shipping/receiving functions
- Ensure on-time delivery and supply for manufacturing
- Any other tasks assigned by management
Education (Theoretical Training)
- Post-secondary business certificate or diploma is preferred
Job Requirements & Experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer skills
- Must have a least 1 year of prior experience and be proficient using Great Plainsoftware
- Possess superior customer service and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of basic Steel Fabrication material would be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving ability, time management skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of MRP and inventory practices and processes would be an asset.
If you would like to pursue this employment opportunity with Wesbell, you may apply by sending a resume. Please reference Sales in the subject line of the email when applying for the position.
View this and other postings at www.wesbell.com.
Wesbell welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in Wesbell. Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Expected start date: 2020-09-21
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$23.00 per hour
- Dental Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Purchasing: 1 year (Required)
- Great Plain software: 1 year (Preferred)