We, at the Grenville-Dundas Veterinary Clinic aim to go above and beyond for our clients and patients. We offer a fun, fast paced, and dynamic work environment. We expect all our patients to be provided with high quality care and compassion.
Candidates must be willing to rotate equally through evenings and Saturdays. The successful individual must bring a positive atmosphere to the workplace, work as a team player to help bring out the best in other team members and commit to continued education. Our practice offers CE, uniform allowance and health benefits. Salary is based on experience.
- Veterinary experience required
- Previous customer service experience in a similar setting is preferred.
- Open the practice and set up for the morning as directed.
- Close the practice for the evening as directed
- Clean and tidy areas among the Hospital
- Prepare to receive appointments by retrieving client records and preparing needed forms in advance of clients’ arrival.
- Notify doctors of patient arrival. Relay all necessary information to the doctors and technicians.
- Discharge patients which includes entering all charges into the computer, reviewing the discharge instructions and medications. Ensure that future reminders are set up in the computer system for the patient.
- Accept payments from the client. Accurately process cash, checks, charge card payments and credit account payments.
- Schedule appointments for the clinic after obtaining all necessary data concerning the animal and owner.
- Dispense medications including providing routine instructions to owners concerning prescribed medications.
- Perform over the counter selling of pet foods and supplies. Exercise a technical knowledge of products sold.
- Update client/patient files as needed including name, address, telephone numbers and vaccination and heartworm history, e-mail etc. as directed.
- Perform an end-of-day procedure each evening. This would include balancing the cash drawer, locking all doors.
- Enter data into the computer system as required. Retrieve and modify stored records. Maintain health certificate and rabies certificate files, including sending copies to appropriate government agencies. Maintain and purge medical records as directed.
- Perform and generate reminder notices to clients for periodic notifications. Make recalls to clients on a timely basis from a call back list.
- Fax, mail, copy materials as requested by other team member or clients.
- Restock and arrange the retail and point of purchase display areas when required.
- Organize work area and exercise time management skills to maximize personal efficiency with the practice. Prioritize tasks and handle multiple tasks in a calm organized manner.
- Welcome clients and patients to the practice with a warm and friendly demeanor and provide for their comfort while they are in the practice.
- Educate clients regarding preventive medicine, wellness packages and vaccinations requirements. Inform clients what procedures need to be done to their pet to maintain good health. Obtain medical and vaccination histories from the client. Recognize and note any procedures due for the patient.
- Answer incoming telephone calls utilizing proper telephone etiquette. Screen those calls that are handled by other healthcare team members and take care of routine calls. Routine calls include those seeking information about veterinary services. Offer to send a hospital brochure to any telephone shopper calling the hospital. Provide knowledgeable sub-professional advice concerning the care and treatment of animals including questions regarding hospital services, fees, animal care and treatment in accordance with hospital policies. Appropriately direct other questions and communication to a veterinarian, practice manager or other health care team member.
- Present clients with medications, instructions, new client kits and any other take home items.
- Courteously and professionally answer incoming telephone calls utilizing proper telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of hospital procedures and operating instructions for making appointments, assembling patient medical records, recording test results, relaying information regarding patient’s condition, and compiling and submitting data on patients treated
- Knowledge of the spelling and meaning of commonly used terminology of veterinary medicine to accurately record results of tests and file veterinary medical reports according to alpha, numeric or subject matter headings.
- Regular attendance and timeliness are an essential function in order to fulfill the requirements of this position.
- Ability to multi-task
- Requires strong client service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Requires telephone conversations
- Requires use of electronic mail
- Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or team members
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications.
If you share the same beliefs as our team, and you're looking to work in a friendly, team/family oriented practice, we are the place for you! E-mail your cover letter and resume to Marcia.
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $13.40-$15.00 per hour
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
We are currently providing curbside care to our clients. Much of our client interaction is now over the phone. Pets are brought inside while the clients wait in their vehicles.
- Veterinary office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and teams to stay updated on new products, services, and policies
- Record and modify customer information within the database
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company's customer service policies
- Other duties as requested