Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
Physicians function as an essential member of the health care team in the provision of comprehensive, multidisciplinary, collaborative primary health care services to the Canadian Armed Forces members. These services include primary care, minor trauma care, health promotion, prevention of diseases and injuries, rehabilitation, and support services.
- Performing comprehensive health assessments and synthesizing data from multiple sources to make a diagnosis of a disease or disorder.
- Initiating and managing the care of patients with a disease or disorder within his/her scope of practice and/or monitoring the ongoing therapy of patients with chronic stable illnesses by providing effective pharmacological, complementary, or counseling interventions
- Implementing strategies to promote health and prevent illness with individuals.
- Performing periodic health examinations and determining fitness of patients when those patients are faced with acute or chronic illness or disease.
- Making appropriate medical employment limitation recommendations
- Practicing as a member of an interdisciplinary team and consulting with members of other health professions as appropriate in order to ensure the health care needs of the patient are met.
- Licensed and in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.
- Certification in Family Medicine with the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP)
- Basic Life Support for Health Providers or CPR/AED Level C Certification
- You will be able to obtain a Government Security Clearance at the Reliability level.
- CF Basic Aviation and Dive Medicine Certification is considered an asset but not mandatory.
- A security clearance and/or vulnerable sector screening might be required for this position.
- Our recruiter will walk you through the security clearance requirementand process.
Weekday hours 7:30am – 4pm
No evenings, weekends or on-call responsibilities
No overhead or administrative fees typically associated with office-based practice
Generous allotment of time for booked appointments
Collaborative multidisciplinary team
Easy access to onsite specialists and support services