Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The CSMH addresses the need for improved promotion, prevention and intervention services for children who may be at risk for, or who present with, mental health challenges. Outcomes and learning from nationally funded research projects are used to deliver evidence-based programs and training for educators in schools and communities.
The Administrative Assistant supports and may be first point of contact for staff, grad students and other stakeholders in regards to departmental and administrative services, answering or redirecting in-person, phone and email inquiries as appropriate; performs a range of administrative tasks, within established procedures, which support the smooth and effective operations of a department. The incumbent implements established administrative processes, including retrieving files, supplies and equipment, writing in or selecting fields in forms or keeping records in a standardized format. The incumbent schedules meetings for project teams and other stakeholders, including booking rooms in electronic calendars. The incumbent also coordinates sorting and distribution of mail and prepares couriers for the department.
- Community College Diploma in an administrative field
Skills, Abilities & Expertise:
- 3 years of experience providing administrative support in an office environment
- Bilingual (English and French) preferred
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Ability to establish effective routines for excellent communication with all members of the team to maximize productivity
- Proven ability and natural inclination to interact with people in professional, respectful and diplomatic manner
- Self-motivated multi-tasker with strong organizational skills
- Positive, outgoing attitude with genuine customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and follow through on work assignments
- Familiarity with University policies and procedures preferred
- Written and verbal communication skills to clearly express ideas in an objective manner, and adapt communication style to suit the situation and audience
- Customer service skills to understand customer needs and expectations, with a desire to deliver helpful and reliable service to the University community.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.