We’re a growing software company looking to create a dedicated Human Resources team for the first time. We’re looking for an experienced HR Generalist to help us build that team and guide its growth and development. As our growth accelerates, recruitment is becoming a bigger job and we’re looking for someone who will help us stay ahead of that growth!
Reporting to the Chief Operating officer, the Human Resources Generalistis responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and managing all functions and activities in the area of human resources.
We’re looking for someone with good recruiting experience who will strive to build a strong, diverse, and inclusive team. We are hiring for quite a number of positions now, but this is just the start. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate good long term planning and an understanding of HR best practices, and how to implement them. Critically, we’ll look to you to create a thorough and effective hiring and onboarding process.
- Managing the recruitment and selection process.
- Preparing HR documents.
- Organizing and maintaining personnel records.
- Updating internal HR databases.
- Prepare and distribute official letters including termination, transfer, annual salary/promotion and applicable paperwork.
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Bridging management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
- Acting to support the human factor in the company by devising strategies for performance evaluation, staffing, training and development etc.
- 3-5 years of human resources related work experience.
- Strong competency with office productivity tools in general, and specifically the Google Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as an ability to communicate verbally and in writing in both English and French.
- Certified Human Resources Professional designation will be considered an asset (as well as CRIA or CRHA).
- Proven leadership and decision-making skills, as well as organization skills and keen attention to detail.
- Work experience in recruitment for rapid growth company.
- You’ll side with the humans during the coming robot uprising.
Vanilla values diversity and a collaborative, positive work environment. This position is full-time and on-site at our headquarters in downtown Montreal. It includes a 3-month probationary period (per Montreal labor law) during which time you will work closely with your manager/supervisor to help ensure you have a successful onboarding experience.
Vanilla is an equal opportunity employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Montréal, QC (Required)
- CRIA / CHRA (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Required)