About the company:
Our organization is a North America-wide, privately held, diversified Group whose subsidiaries operate in a variety of industries including transportation, logistics, equipment dealerships, equipment leasing & rentals, real-estate holdings and full-service fleet management. We are a rapidly growing organization that is launching new locations each month.
If you are a dynamic, self-motivated professional with a positive attitude and looking for a fulfilling career, we have an opening at our busy Mississauga, ON location as a Construction Project Manager – Commercial and Industrial.
The candidate would be responsible to assist with the company’s various real estate development projects across North America. This would include involvement in the due diligence process of any new acquisitions (land and buildings), feasibility analysis, establishing scope and developmental schedules, and leadership for all activities related to the real estate development projects from inception and architectural design through municipal approvals and zoning throughout the region.
A glimpse of your typical day:
- Take lead on development project from point of acquisition and work with management to understand the desired outcome for each property.
- Manage and lead an internal/external team of architects, civil, structural, electrical engineers & more to confirm the economic and zoning viability of a land site.
- Lead and present at local staff, design review boards, planning commission and city council meetings to represent the clients and pursue zoning and site plan approval if required.
- Manage all given surveys and reports to qualify a land site ranging from Title Reports, ALTA Survey, Geotechnical reports, Environmental reports, Sign Surveys and more depending upon each site.
- Play critical leadership, coordination, and communication role with all stakeholders including the ownership, architects, civil, structural, electrical, and mechanical engineers, sign vendors and more.
- Manage program and project efforts for new store developments, store relocation, and multi-state program rollouts.
- Pursue all approvals from County, City, State & more to prepare a site for occupation.
- Assist with the procurement of any 3rdparty vendors as may be required during the pre-construction and construction phases.
- Provide value engineering ideas and opportunity for savings regularly through project evaluation.
- Preparing and submitting construction project budget estimates for ownership review and approval.
- Complete all required documentation/paperwork as required for any applications, etc.
- Proactively manage the timeline of ongoing development projects.
- Bachelor's degree; Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related discipline, 5+ years of development management in the commercial construction industry or equivalent as an Owner’s Representative, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Experience in pre-construction and land development efforts ranging from site planning, grading plan reviews and utility design and review.
- Expertise in Feasibility / Due Diligence, Site Planning, Permitting, Site Analysis, civil design and construction, Entitlements, Land Use, Land Planning, Utility Providers and Construction.
- Experience in managing industrial site projects is preferred.
- Certification in PMP, PE, AIA, LEED, or CMAA preferred.
- Proficient in preparing and tracking detailed project budgets and schedules.
- Solid understanding of construction industry, terminology, codes, documentation, and design disciplines.
- Proficient with project management software.
- Ability to conduct weekly project meetings either onsite or via conference calls with clients, contractors, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated customer/vendor relationship building experience.
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills.
Why should you join us:
- Competitive pay structure and commission, based on applicant's experience.
- Excellent working environment.
- Industry-leading training with the best opportunity to grow and learn within our organization.
- Health/Dental benefits.
Applicants will be required to undergo a background check only if and after a conditional offer of employment has been extended.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)