The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining the overall cleanliness and organization of a large, informal private residence, guest suites and additional properties in accordance with the Principal’s standards and preferences. This will include but is not limited to general housekeeping (cleaning), informal and formal dinner and guest service, household administration, oversight of interior household inventories and provisioning as well as proactively taking on various household projects.
- Daily, hands-on housekeeping of the main residence and guest suites to include but not limited to dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, kitchen and bathroom cleaning.
- Ensuring the main residence and guest suites are well organized and running smoothly, maintaining a level of consistency and detail in accordance with the Principal’s preferences and standards, while proactively suggesting opportunities for organizational improvement as needed.
- Coordinating and overseeing contract services including; florist, pool cleaner and house cleaners for deep and or seasonal cleaning as required.
- Coordinating, assisting with and tracking all laundry and dry-cleaning services required with the Family Assistant.
- Coordinating the household garbage and recycling programs with the Family Assistant including, the curb-side pick-ups and off-site drop-offs at appropriate waste or recycling facilities.
- Managing household inventory levels for the main residence and guest suites including, but not limited to personal care products, cleaning and laundry supplies.
- Ensuring that health, wellness and safety standards are met and exceeded, including purchasing of organic and natural products, as well as proper use of all household products.
- Maintaining closets and storage spaces to ensure they remain organized, clean and well stocked in accordance with the Principal’s standards and preferences.
- Caring for all fine furnishings, artwork and antiques including dusting, polishing and washing of delicate surfaces and materials such as silver, marble, crystal and leather.
- Assisting the Private Chef with meal planning, preparation (e.g. table setting), service and clean-up, including light meal preparation during the Private Chef’s absences.
- Assisting with all formal and informal entertaining from; family dinners, personal events, private parties and special occasions to business lunches, including organization, setup, serving and cleanup.
- Providing guest services to the Principal’s and their guests including; answering the telephone, receiving packages, taking messages and ensuring guests are comfortable during their stay.
- Assisting with overall household administration duties including, but not limited to maintaining and updating household calendars, documents and receipts, as well as filing household documents.
- Conducting weekly inspections of the residence(s) and coordinating with the property manager to schedule any required maintenance, including routine upgrades and repairs.
- Assisting with regular shopping and other personal or household errands, as and when required.
- Taking on special projects including but not limited to; deep quarterly cleans, household cupboard/closet cleaning and reorganization.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 3+ years related experience working in a housekeeping capacity within a luxury hotel, private home, yacht or similar environment.
- Excellent housekeeping and laundry skills; with a strong understanding of the correct use of products and methods for fine finishes and surfaces.
- Comfortable assisting in the kitchen and able to prepare informal meals as needed.
- Strong service skills and ability to set the table and serve both formal and informal meals.
- Service-oriented, pro-active, self-starter with good attention to detail.
- Strong ability to multi-task with excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle last-minute changes with grace and humour.
- Flexibility required with schedule for occasional evenings, weekends, or additional hours on an as requested basis.
- Excellent interpersonal as well as written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality at all times, exercise diplomacy, discretion and respect of boundaries.
- Computer-savvy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and the ability to provide routine IT support in coordination with the System Administrator.
- A Serving It Right, Food Safe, Silver Service or Sommelier certification is considered an asset.
- A valid class 5 driver’s license and clean drivers abstract and operational vehicle are required.
- Must be comfortable and enjoy working with pets and children.
This is a full-time live out position. The normal work schedule will be 40 hours per week; however, the successful candidate must be flexible with the willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays. In addition, while most of the time will be spent supporting the main residence and guest properties located in Victoria, B.C., additional travel to alternate properties may be required.
A competitive compensation package commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Victoria, BC (Preferred)