Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton and Stoney Creek. JBH is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara’s Top Employers for five (5) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff and more than 700 volunteers.
JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University, and designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-the-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 172 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms, a 20 bed Intensive Care Unit and a post-anaesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner member of the Burlington Ontario Health Team (OHT).
JBH inspires and empowers a culture of caring and this is demonstrated in many ways including our commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people.
The Intensive Care Unit at Joseph Brant Hospital is an innovative and rapidly changing environment providing quality care based on the latest guidelines and best practices aligned with the Critical Care Services Ontario (CCSO) strategy. We are seeking individuals who possess excellent communication skills, and are strong advocates for patient and family centered care. The successful candidate will be joining a very dynamic inter professional team that fosters collaboration and service excellence.
- Current Certificate of Competence in the Province of Ontario.
- Recent Medical/Surgical experience of at least 2 years required. Preference will be given to candidates with current critical care nursing experience.
- Consideration will be given to candidates with, or enrolled in, post diploma courses in Critical Care nursing, I.V. therapy, physical assessment or other related educational courses
- ACLS and PALS preferred.
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge of I.V. Therapy and venipuncture is required.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in emergency situations.
- Demonstrated clinical assessment and patient/family teaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality, availability and performance is required
Reference ID: 200858
Contract length: 3 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Medical/Surgical: 2 years (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)