At Hollyburn, we empower growth and inspire change and we’re looking for people to join our team who want to do the same. If this sounds like you, read on. We want you with us!
You are a positive energetic role model who has a passion and skill for providing support, care and can act as a mentor in supporting the personal growth for our clients with special needs and autism spectrum disorders. You want to make a difference in the lives of people we support and play an integral role in supporting their successful achievements.
We are looking for a Full-Time Behavioural Support Worker at our program in Richmond for a youth with autism and other behavioural challenges. Specifically, 3pm – 11pm, Sunday - Thursday
- Post-secondary education in ECE, ABA, Psychology or related field.
- Experience working with children and youth with developmental disabilities or autism.
- Demonstrated experience dealing with children and youth with severe behavioural challenges and mental health issues.
- Strong and confident demeanor
- Ability to work with aggressive clients
- Unrestricted Class 5 BC Driver’s License
- Criminal records check and ability to pass Ministry of Children and Family Development consolidated check
- Clear and concise communication, both written and verbal
You’ll score more points if you have:
- First Aid/CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certificates
- Can take initiative to solve problems, manage escalated situations, and work within a team setting to maintain a safe environment for the client and the team
- Knowledge of supportive strategies, needs and risk assessment
- Knowledge of therapeutic approaches
- Good understanding of crisis management
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Building positive working relationships with the client, family and professionals involved in the care team
- Facilitating recreational and/or educational activities
- Maintaining the house by doing housework, grocery shopping, assisting with daily chores
- Encouraging and modeling acceptable social standards and set and maintain appropriate limits.
- Engaging in frequent interaction with client, using appropriate means of communication
Our Therapeutic Homes are equipped to practice discrete trial therapy and have sensory integration rooms to promote self-regulation.
PLEASE NOTE: This application includes a phone screen to help us expedite our screening process. Please assist us in learning more about you by completing the phone screen. You have a better chance of being invited to interview if you complete the phone screen.
Hollyburn Family Services has been and will continue to provide essential services to our clients in our therapeutic homes, counseling, senior and victim services programs while we collectively live through the effects of the COVID-19 protocols. We continue to hire caring professionals on the front lines who are flexible and creative, as well as committed to helping us deliver our services while following a slow and careful restart plan in conjunction with that set forth by Provincial Health, Health Canada, and Vancouver Coastal and Fraser Health Region.
We’re an industry leading organization that has been providing quality residential programs, counselling and support services to children, youth, and families since 1990 and are proud to have a diverse team, all of whom have unique abilities which to enrich the lives of the people we serve. Because we know our team is our heart and our most important asset, we offer extensive training opportunities to all employees. We support professional development and advancement within our every growing organization. Our salaries and benefits package are competitive.
If you’re still reading this and are as excited to join us as we are excited that you read this whole posting, then do not delay! Send your resume and complete the Indeed phone screen assessment, telling us why you are the perfect person to join this full time line by Wednesday, Sept 30 @ 12 pm.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $43,680.00-$48,880.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Care
- working with youth with aggressive behaviours: 1 year (Required)
- working with youth with Autism: 1 year (Required)
- Proof of ability to legally work in Canada (Required)
- British Columbia Driver's License (unrestricted-Class 5) (Required)
- Ability to work 10am-6pm shifts (Preferred)
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention Training (Preferred)
- Ability to work 3 pm-11 pm shifts (Preferred)
- Ability to work one weekend shift per week (Required)