Job type: Permanent Full-Time
Working hours: 35 hrs/week
Work location: 160 Westbeaver Creek. Unit 2 Richmond Hill, ON
About the company
Happy Green Group is a fully licensed construction company. We have been serving in the Markham, North York, Richmond Hill, Scarborough and Greater GTA area since 2005. We are focused to provide the best construction to our residential and commercial clients at a very competitive price.
- Oversee construction activities and ensures project goals and objectives are met within given timelines, specification and budget.
- Review the project in depth to schedules deliverable and estimate costs.
- Manage the plan, design approvals, special project management, permitting and construction of new projects.
- Liaise with the clients, professional team and contractors to establish all key project processes and monitor these processes reporting.
- Review, approve and negotiate contracts with design professionals and construction contractors.
- Coordinate a procurement process for HappGreen’s new construction and manage the procurement professional.
- Assist the general contractor in the selection and recommendation of subcontractors and purchase of major building materials & components.
- Provide a monthly executive report that will contain the status of the project including budget, changes, potential risk, and construction schedule & update.
- Manage and report on project change management program and progress reporting mechanism to keep team members, management and clients informed.
- Develop, implement and monitor HappGreen’s quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques.
- Supervise, coach and train subordinate staff; hire and train new staff and develop staff to maximum potential.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Master's degree in construction management, business administration, technology management or related discipline required.
- Minimum 10 years of successful project management and leadership with implementation experience on projects required.
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction such as technology, equipment, methods, trade agreements, cost control and safety requirements.
- Experience using any mainstream project management tool such as Primavera, Rational Portfolio Manager, Microsoft Project or Projectmates is required.
- Must have demonstrated experience in base development, capital improvement, real estate and construction projects.
- Ability to plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- Speaking Mandarin is a plus.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $42.00 - $44.00 per year
- management: 10 years (Required)
- Consult blueprints, designs, and client instructions to develop construction plans for your team
- Manage construction sites, ensuring that workers adhere to construction plans and safety codes
- Create and enforce employee schedules and construction timelines
- Document all costs and ensure that expenses never exceed the construction budget
- Update clients on construction progress through presentations and client meetings
- Other duties as requested