Bird Construction is a leading general contractor in Canada with a long history of service that has offices from
coast to coast. Bird’s clients include leading firms in the commercial, institutional, retail, multi-tenant residential,
industrial, mining, water and wastewater, energy and civil sectors. Today, Bird is a publicly traded corporation
with employees forming a significant shareholder group. This enhances the degree to which employees at all
levels commit to their clients. A hands-on approach to the business has given Bird an edge in being able to
make decisions quickly and to adapt to the requirements of their clients.
This position will be responsible for supporting the implementation and administration of the Bird Quality Assurance Program to ensure successful compliance. This involves coordinating all quality documentation and completing all turnover related activities to ensure compliance to client expected requirements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Complete clerical functions for document control activities
- Execute and facilitate the Company Quality Assurance Program, contractual requirements and regulatory requirements/obligations
- Logging (receiving) and distributing all customer issued controlled contract documents
- Logging (receiving) and distributing all supplies information, specifications, drawings certifications, and supporting documentation
- Maintaining the project database for internally generated drawings, records, results, certifications, and contractually required documentation
- Managing the flow of records to and from all appropriate parties
- Maintaining the database for the submission of all contractual related documentation to customers, vendors, and regulatory authorities in accordance with the Company’s Quality Assurance Program
- Assist in the preparation of turnover packages as required
- Documentation of construction work packages, project standards and exhibits requests for information, inspection and test plans, weld procedure specifications and maps, torque sheets, drawings, ABSA documents, redlines, non-destructive examination reports, vendor and subcontractor documents etc.
- Documentation quality checks for numbering, revision, issue state
- Completion of basic technical quality documents checks
- Maintenance and updating of documentation logs
- Updating deliverable and tracking reports
- Managing the repository of paper and electronic files issued on the project
- Compiling of final turnover packages
- Previous Document Management/Control experience (minimum 2 years’ experience)
- Familiar with and basic understanding of quality documentation
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Excel (able to filter data, write formulas and make pivot tables), MS Word and Bluebeam
- Can follow direction and established policies and procedures
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, handle multiple tasks and prioritize workload
- Works well in a team environment
- Very detail orientated and organized.
- Previous experience with SharePoint and or Procore
- Strong knowledge of standard health, safety, and environmental requirements and practices in the construction industry considered an asset.
- Able to travel, work on site and remotely if needed
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position but only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.