As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital you uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients/clients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing 'Patient Safety' and our hospital's 'Senior Friendly Strategies' as a top priority in creating a culture of safety and 'The Workplace of Choice'. Cornwall Hospital is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Accommodation are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment/selection process.
Summary of responsibilities
The Pharmacy Technician prepares, dispenses and performs the technical check of medication orders (post pharmacist review), maintains adequate inventory stock levels and obtains best possible medication history from patients as well as embody a culture of caregiver inclusion in the patient’s plan of care.
Requirements of the job
- Graduate of an accredited college Pharmacy Technician Program
- Licensed as a Pharmacy Technician with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Demonstrated computer literacy and typing skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and use good judgement
- Pharmacy automation experience
- Sterile manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated regular, punctual attendance
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Functional level in English (oral and written)
- Experience in a hospital pharmacy
Are you interested in this job