Come start your career with us! Here at BrokerLink, we are committed to the growth and development of our employees. We offer a competitive compensation package, rewarding work and a casual 'dress for your day' environment. We are proud to say that BrokerLink has become one of Canada’s largest and most reliable insurance brokerages that is passionate about taking care of our customers and ensuring we are there when they need us the most.
We have an opening for an Insurance Advisor to join our Personal Insurance team working at our branch office in Gander, NL.
To provide front-line customer service of Personal Lines policies and taking responsibility for the service, retention and account development of existing clients, quoting and placing new business as required.
What you will be doing:
- Servicing on-going client needs, advising on insurance matters, conduct needs assessment, recommending solutions, answering inquiries, conduct retention calls and process renewals
- Selling new policies/writing new business to existing or new clients, retaining existing book of business
- Quoting new business through outbound call initiatives, introductory letters and receiving walk-in clients
- Contacting Underwriters and Adjusters to discuss guidelines and policy
- Preparing documentation for insurers, completing applications for clients, issuing insurance certificates, processing changes and reviewing renewals
- Keeping current on underwriting rules and workflow processes
- Actively participate in training initiatives
- Participate in community marketing initiatives
What you bring to the table:
- High School Diploma and/or Post-Secondary Education
- 2+ years customer service experience (previous insurance experience preferred but not required)
- Must have Newfoundland and Labrador General Insurance License or willing to obtain
- Exposure to Epic is an asset
- Proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent customer services skills and adept in conflict resolution
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities successfully
- Ability to thrive and be successful in a fast paced team environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What’s in it for you:
- Commitment to your growth and development
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A competitive compensation package
- Flexible health and dental benefits package
- An RRSP with a company matching component
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ environment
- Be a part of a company that is one of Canada’s best employers (Named by Kincentric in 2020)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BrokerLink is committed to providing an accessible environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
At BrokerLink, we know there’s more to your decision about where you work than just the work itself. We know that helping our people achieve their career goals in a culture that offers growth and balance is what sets us apart. Our commitment to our employees is to offer workplace benefits that set the standard for them and their families. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, we provide competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit programs and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Our values help guide us and our commitment to excel in all aspects of our business. Joining our team means you’ll have the opportunity to live our values.
Discover more about BrokerLink! Visit our new dedicated Webpage.
At BrokerLink, we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that inspires each of us to be the best we can be. Join our team and make a difference!
Job Type: Full-time