GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE / NIGHT AUDITOR
REPORTS TO GENERAL MANAGER
Passion Drives Performance. InnVest succeeds because our people love what we do. Our entire team shares a deep-rooted passion for the world of hospitality & travel that extends far beyond the walls of our offices and locations.
Our company culture is built on collaboration. A nimble team where everyone has a voice at the table and an opportunity to pursue their passions. Our skillsets are as diverse as our portfolio, but we all have a singular focus: a belief that partnerships deliver the best results, an entrepreneurial approach to decision making, respect for others, a strong sense of integrity and a curiosity to challenge the status quo.
With 81 hotels in our portfolio, representing 18 internationally recognized hotel brands, InnVest is the largest independent owner of hotels in Canada. In addition, our management team oversees the day-to-day activities of almost 70 hotels also making InnVest the largest independent operator of hotels in Canada. InnVest’s portfolio is geographically diverse with hotels from Vancouver, BC to Corner Brook, NF but also experientially diverse from Roadside inns to luxury urban properties.
At InnVest, our mission is simple – to deliver outstanding guest experiences and superior returns on quality hospitality investment. A career at InnVest will provide you with unrivalled opportunities and invaluable exposure to Canada’s largest independently-owned and operated hotel portfolio.
The Guest Service Representative position is generally responsible for representing the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of a guest’s stay.
In addition to the above, the Night Audit position is generally responsible for the reconciliation and completion of all daily transactions.
The duties and responsibilities for the Guest Service Representative/Night Auditor include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create a welcoming environment for guests.
- Register guests and assign rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
- Complete pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations/guest arrival.
- Thoroughly understand and adhere to proper credit, check-cashing, and cash-handling policies and procedures.
- Understand room status and room status tracking.
- Know room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
- Possess a working knowledge of the reservations, takes reservations for guests both in house and call in, understanding of the cancellation procedures.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Post and file all charges to guest, master, and city ledger accounts.
- Work closely with all hotel departments to improve service delivery and efficiency.
- Use proper telephone etiquette.
- Coordinate guestroom maintenance work with the engineering and maintenance division.
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or supervisor.
- Register guests into their guest rooms as per reservations & checks out guests and settles accounts; collects and verifies payments – cash, debit and credit and maintaining a float.
- Post guest charges, compute guest bill, collect payment and make change for hotel guests following all cash handling procedures as required by Hotel.
- posting balances to all guest rooms and closing out the day's transactions; running accounts receivable reports; providing next day reports to the Front Office, Executive Office and other departments as required.
- Verify and balance daily charges for all departments to customer folios, master accounts and house accounts; make corrections as needed to ensure required documentation is obtained.
- Run computer through nightly processing sequence to reset for next day's use in balancing for applicable functions.
- Audit all income postings and charges.
- Record and balance staff and house charges.
- Prepare and transmit credit card deposits.
- Process city ledger work to accounting.
- Know all safety and emergency procedures, is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Ensure the work environment is tidy and well organized at all times (lobby).
- Adhere to all health and safety guidelines and standards.
COMPETENCIES WE ARE SEEKING:
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Proficient or familiar with computerized systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of guest service and a genuine desire to exceed guest expectations
- Present a high degree of professional work ethic and image
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Availability to work day, evening and night shifts any day of the week including weekends and holidays
InnVest Hotels is an inclusive employer. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We appreciate all applications, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Swift Current, SK (preferred)
- Have you been employed by InnVest Hotels before? If yes, when was that and at what location?
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place