BlueSky Organics is targeting to aggressively grow its sales and brand presence in distribution and national retail chains throughout Canada and the USA. The Account Manager will be responsible for securing regional and national Distribution Contracts as well as securing Supply Agreements with regional and national Retail Chains in the home improvement, gardening and nursery markets. In addition, the Account Manager will work with the sales and business development team to diversify BlueSky Organics sales into new channels and markets that are not currently being targeted, such as Horticulture, Agriculture, and Commercial Farming in Canada and the US.
Skills & Abilities:
- Post-secondary education in business or agriculture or related discipline or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Distribution and/or national retail account management
- Proven Track Record/experience with Big Box stores
- Excellent communication negotiation skills, including contract negotiations and presenting products and programs to national buyers.
- Proven track record as a self-starter who can problem solve, assess situations, and develop action plans to overcome barriers.
- Ability to travel to the US
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Meet and exceed sales targets for new business in specified products and verticals
- Responsible for knowing and understanding all BlueSky products, availability, use, benefits, and pricing structure and to position BlueSky products as preferable to competing products.
- Responsible for prospecting new accounts, building relationships with decision-makers, travelling to customer locations, understanding customer procurement and distribution methodologies, and selling Bluesky products.
- Responsible for completing vendor applications with regional and national retail outlets.
- Strong understanding of technology, CRM, inventory software systems/Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), applicable metrics working within a data-driven environment.
- Responsible to attend trade shows and vendor buying forums as needed.
- Responsabile to facilitate annual business reviews and business planning with all customers
- Contribute market analysis and market intelligence to enhance BSO product offerings.
- Other duties as required - may be requested based on the needs of the business.
- Understands and conforms to the Quality Management System ISO 9001:2015 and can both draft and follow internal SOP’s
- Routinely acts as an ambassador for the company and in compliance with safety in the workplace
We are a pet-friendly environment and have an office cat. Duties also include supporting the team with keeping the office clean and tidy and assisting with cleaning up and feeding the cat.
**To be considered for this career, please submit a cover letter with your resume explaining how you have Big Box experience and any related experience you have for this position and what value you believe you can add to Bluesky Organics.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Big Box Distribution: 3 years (Required)
- Distribution: 3 years (Required)