Asco Aerospace Canada, a division of Montana Aerospace (SWX:AERO)
THE SKY HAS NO LIMIT
We shape the future. With experience, a spirit of innovation and the highest standards, we are setting out for new horizons.
Montana Aerospace is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of complex lightweight components and structures for the aerospace industry. As a highly integrated full-service provider with state-of-the-art production facilities in Europe, America and Asia, we support the local-to-local strategy of our customers. A high level of innovation and a strong commitment to sustainability pave the future path for the industrial group. This makes us an important partner for the world’s leading aircraft manufacturers and their Tier 1 suppliers.
ASCO Aerospace Canada is a division of Montana Aerospace with its primary office located in Delta, BC. ASCO Aerospace Canada is looking to hire a Quality Control Inspector to join our production team.
Purpose of the Job
To ensure that machined and/or assembled product meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Perform complete visual and/or CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) inspection on all parts and assemblies for workmanship, dimensional checks, tolerances, and usability, using instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and CMM to ensure products meet specifications
- Locate reference points on parts and measure dimensions using a combination of aids (bars, plates, gauges, etc.)
- Read and understand documentation relating to the phases of production: customer supplied blueprints, parts lists, rework instructions, etc.
- Record all inspection results into inspection reports. Keep accurate, detailed records in designated spot
- Understand all production processes which relate to inspection
- Report any errors or discrepancies to the Supervisor immediately so that issues can be immediately contained
- Communicate rework instructions to Supervisors
- Prevent nonconforming product from being released into additional production phases and immediately notify the Supervisor or Quality Leader
- Be responsible for quality aspects of the job and actively participate in quality efforts and support Asco’s quality system
- Comply with Asco’s Quality Management System and other regulatory/statutory requirements as required by the customer
- Contribute to maintaining a safe work environment by following safety policies and procedures, and reporting any safety concerns
- Actively participate in training as provided by Asco or outside services
- Support 5S and Lean manufacturing processes, including Kaizen (continuous improvement)
- Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Diploma (or related equivalent)
- Previous experience in a manufacturing setting is preferred
- Ability to understand and interpret Blue Print drawing tolerances and specifications
- Knowledge of CMM machines is considered a strong asset
- Good written and spoken English
- Basic mathematical and geometry/trigonometry skills
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM Software
- Knowledge of measuring devices, such as Vernier, Micrometer, Callipers, etc.
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Very good organizational skills with attention to detail
- Must enjoy working in a team environment
- Must be willing to accommodate flexible working schedules, including shift work
- Must be able to demonstrate safe operation of machinery
What We Offer
We take pride in our ability to make Asco a great place to work. We offer:
- A positive working environment with a great team atmosphere
- Competitive wages
- Excellent benefits
- Opportunities for advancement, training, and skill development
This is a union position. If you meet our needs, please reply with your Cover Letter and Resume.
Successful completion of a Canadian Criminal Record Check, as well as a security assessment under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program, may be required per Asco policy.
Additionally, successful applicants may be required to complete an Ergonomics Fitness Assessment with a qualified provider.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $31.85 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person