Job title :
LONG–TERM CARE ATTENDANT - MULTIPLE PERMANENT VACANCIES!
PERMANENT PART TIME (0.75 FTE)
Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and adaptability? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join our team at Ponderosa in Kamloops, BC!
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each resident, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
Typical duties include:
- Assist with personal care and activities of daily living
- Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
- Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
- Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
- Observe and report changes in resident behavior and condition
- Accompany clients on outings and during social activities
- Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
We currently have a permanent part-time (0.75 FTE) working rotating days and evening with shift times of 07:00 to 15:00, 15:00 to 23:00, 07:00 to 13:30, 15:00 to 21:00. We also have a permanent part-time (0.79 FTE) working rotating days and evening with shift times of 07:00 to 15:00, 15:00 to 23:00, 15:00 to 21:00, 07:00 to 13:30
As these are permanent opportunities, successful applicants will be eligible for our full comprehensive benefits plan including medical and dental coverage, group life and disability insurance, paid sick and vacation time and an excellent pension!
This is your opportunity to join a great team who really cares about their residents and their community. Apply today!
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes. Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
- Grade 10
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
- Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please upload a copy of your health care certificate.
This posting is for a position at a facility covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s Single Site Order and selected applicant(s) must comply with the requirements of the order.