Reference # 00143
Posted Thursday, January 30th, 2020 at 12:18pm
Scope Public Applications Accepted
Position Dialysis Attendant (Casual)
Pay as per the CUPE Collective Agreement
Reporting to the Patient Care Manager/ Program Director, the Dialysis Attendant is responsible for supporting the Clinical and Technical Teams by assisting with various tasks required for the smooth operations of the unit and patient care including but not limited to; set up and dismantle of dialysis treatment supplies and machines, cleaning of patient environment post dialysis treatment as per unit procedure and according to infection control protocols which includes: dialysis machines, patient chairs and stretchers, and other equipment used during the dialysis treatment. Also responsible for assisting the clinical team in patient support and supply procurement/material management.
- Grade 12 or equivalent and knowledge/experience with medical supplies/equipment
- Dialysis Assistant Certificate Program from a recognized College required.
- Previous experience in a Dialysis Attendant role within last 2 years preferred
- Knowledge and experience with medical supplies/equipment in a patient care environment.
- Previous experience in a hospital handling medical/ surgical supplies
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and cooperatively with all levels of staff, patients, and their families.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner under stressful conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, make decisions, and to use good judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Computer skills are essential - knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Follows safe and healthy work practices and maintains a safe and healthy work environment through attendance at educational programs, use of established mechanisms for injuries and hazards and adherence to health and safety related policies and procedures
- Possess good concentration skills.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires fine motor movement for equipment set-up. Extensive standing and sitting are required, with some walking within the department and throughout the hospital encountered on a daily basis. As well as some heavy lifting and handling of large pieces of equipment and supplies.
Interested applicants are invited to forward their resume to through the website.