About Liquor Depot:
We are all about enhancing life's celebrations and having fun while we exceed in our careers! As North America's largest publicly traded retailer of adult beverages operating 230+ retail locations within Alberta, British Columbia and Alaska.
Each person at Liquor Depot plays an important role in our Company’s success. We promote a team atmosphere that is busy and challenging, but always aims to be co-operative and fun. When you choose to work at Liquor Depot you can be sure you will be treated with the respect and support you need to be a success.
About The Role:
We are looking for an Delivery Driver at our Fort McMurray Liquor Depot location. Applicants should be highly motivated, customer service driven and technologically inclined. Applicants should also demonstrate our CHEERS! culture and enjoy working independently. Company vehicles will be driven for all warehouse deliveries.
Address: 8410 Franklin Ave, Fort McMurray, AB T9H 2J3
When there are no deliveries required, Drivers take on the role of Sales Associates within the store. Drivers will have the important role of providing our customers with exceptional service both on the sales floor and during their deliveries. Drivers will work with their in-store team on main duties such as: store maintenance, customer assistance, unpacking orders, and stocking shelves.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Day to Day Operations
- Assemble and pack orders
- Deliver orders in a timely and efficient manner
- Perform general physical activities in order to load, unload, sort and move products and materials by hand or using basic material handling equipment.
- Place cases and large kegs inside coolers in restaurants and pubs
- Loading and off-loading trucks
- Mark and/or tag containers with identifying information.
- Ability to complete related paperwork and quality checks
- Safety and guarding awareness
- Generate sales
- Stock shelves with product
- Maintain a high level of customer service
- Participate in merchandising and promotional activities
- Ensure accuracy in all transactions, inventory, and procedures
- Participate in all manner of store maintenance
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge
- Work in partnership with Store Managers and other employees to maximize store sales and in-store presence
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude at all times
Requirements & Regulatory Adherence
- Must have valid Canadian Driver's License
- Must be 18 years of age of older
- Ability to lift 40 lbs/18 kg on a daily basis
- Ability to drive 3-ton or 5-ton vehicle
- Clean driving record (no major driving convictions in last 3 years, no more than 2 minor convictions in last 3 years and 6 years of no at fault accidents); For definitions of major and minor convictions, please visit this website: http://icandrive.ca/driving/major-vs-minor-traffic-convictions/
- Forklift training is an asset
- Ability to operate power jack/ pallet jack is an asset
- Observe that OHS, Proserve and other regulatory requirements and procedures are implemented and adhered to
- Maintain first-aid and OHS Training (if required)
- Maintain Proserve Certificate
- Ensure AGLC and other government guidelines are met
- Minimum, one-year experience in Warehouse Environment
- Minimum, one-year experience in Retail Environment
- Previous Driving Experience considered an asset
- First-Aid Certifcate considered an asset
- ProServe Certificate is considered an asset
- Post-secondary Education (preferred, not required)
- Strong communcation skills (written and verbal)
- Available to work a varied retail schedule, including evening and weekends
- Able to stand for an extended period
- May be required to safely lift 50 lbs.
- Comfortable climbing ladders
Other Skills and Capabilities
- Highly self-motivated
- Customer service driven
- Team player with ability to multi-task, operate in a safe and efficient manner, and be customer service focused.
- Knowledge of Fort McMurray, AB area
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Why Work With Us?
At Liquor Depot we invest in our people. We provide educational reimbursement for industry related courses. We prefer to promote individuals from within the organization providing our employees excellent opportunities to advance their careers. If you are interested in working in a fun environment that promotes personal growth with flexible scheduling please apply below!
ADDITIONAL REASONS TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible hours
- Employee Discount
- Free Uniforms
- Contests and prizes
- Product Knowledge training
How To Apply
Please note that Liquor Stores GP assesses all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, Liquor Stores GP reserves the right to close this recruitment process prior to the advertised date. Due to the volume of applications received, only those candidates deemed to be suitable will be offered an interview.
If you are interested in this position, please complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Apply. You are able to upload your resume, if you'd like.
Thanks for considering a position with us! Cheers!
Job Type: Part-time
- retail: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse: 1 year (Required)
- Driving: 1 year (Required)
- liquor industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Fort McMurray, AB (Preferred)
- ProServe Liquor Staff Training (Preferred)
- First Aid (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)