Looking for a meaningful joband work with a team who strive to achieve excellence by working towards common goal – a happy and healthy resident?
Join Lakeshore Care Centre, Coquitlam, BC!
Lakeshore offers 56 licensed residential care beds that are primarily single occupancy with limited double occupancy available. Our home is conveniently one story and has large outdoor patios where many activities are held throughout the spring and summer months. Lakeshore Care Center works in collaboration with the Fraser Health Authority.
Why? We deliver person centered and best practice care in a respectful, caring and responsible manner by working together with our residents, their primary care givers, families, and The Fraser Health Authority and provide continuing education and coaching to our employees. If you enjoy working with the older population, in a positive team environment – then we are what you are looking for.
What is in for you? Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider we offer competitive wages and skill development. 12 hours a week, one day a week. Start from October 1st.
You will :
- working with individuals and families pre- and post- admission
- helping new residents to cope with the transition into residential care
- assisting residents and families to deal with grief, loss, life changes and depression
- working with the Complex Dementia care unit residents and staff
- liaising with the Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee and the Ministry of Health
- interdisciplinary care planning and assessments
- contributing to annual care conference for each resident
- charting and documentation
- You have a current full registration with the BCCSW
- You communicate clearly
- You have an interest in working with frail or disabled adults and seniors
If you want to be a part of this strong and dedicated team, please submit your resume and we will contact you shortly!
Job Type: Contract
- long term care: 1 year (Preferred)