S&R Mechanical specializes in mechanical heating and plumbing in institutional, industrial, commercial, and residential sectors. S&R Mechanical is built around a dynamic team of employees who respect and value one another. We are committed to be innovative industry leaders who are focused on providing solutions with everyone we partner with. We celebrate our community by making a difference within it.
Our Plumbers are the heart and soul of our company. They are dedicated individuals that embody our company values and hold our work standards to the highest degree. S&R Mechanical are proud partners with UA Local 71.
This position reports to our Field Supervisor working on various construction projects such as Condos, Schools, Hospitals, Commercial Retail spaces and many more projects. S&R specializes in both retrofits and new builds.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES are as follows, but not limited to:
- Knowledge of reading drawings and specifications, primarily Mechanical drawings
- Roughing and Installations for pipe connections, fixtures, and equipment
- Installing, repairing, and maintaining domestic, commercial plumbing and heating systems
- Installations, modifications, repairs of various piping systems including Copper, PEX, PVC, XFR, Black pipe and Cast Iron
- Measuring, cutting, bending, and installing pipes using hand and power tools
- Testing for Quality Assurance
- Must be registered with the Ontario College of Trades in the Plumbing or Pipe Fitter trade (Apprentice or Journeyman/Journeywoman Status)
- Experience working on construction sites
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Always work in a safe manner
- High Health & Safety standards
- WHMIS, MOL 4 Step and Working at Heights certifications
S&R Mechanical is committed to establishing a diverse and equal employment workforce. We invite women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of a visible minority group to self-identify in their application. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$42.00 per hour
- Are you located in the Greater Ottawa Area?
- plumbing: 1 year (preferred)