We are looking for a Banquet Cook and a Breakfast Cook!
Reporting to the Executive Chef for Pacific Prime Restaurant and The Beach Club Resort, Cooks will be responsible for assisting the Brigade with various duties and tasks that are required throughout the daily operation of the kitchen.
- Works well under pressure and meets deadlines.
- To provide the ability to consistently open the kitchen on time daily.
- To possess experience in Breakfast and Lunch processes.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Ensuring compliance with WorkSafe BC and the property management Occupational Health and Safety Program
- Maintains their workstation area in a clean and sanitary condition as they work.
- Ensures minimum wastage by preparing and storing food correctly. Focus on sorting of organic waste.
- Follow proper FIFO rotation methods to ensure food product is fresh.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is cleaned and sanitized after every use
- Assists in the receiving and storing of all stock orders.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of all freezers and coolers on a frequent basis.
The “must haves”:
- Physical ability to regularly and continually lift up to 20lbs, occasionally lift up to 50lbs, as well as stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours
- 1-3 Years experience in cooking and during the all serving periods
What you can expect from us:
- A positive, open working environment with a stable, loyal team who love to laugh and have fun at work
- Discounted hotel rooms at 1400 hotels worldwide. Restaurant discounts while on and off shift – bring your family and friends in and enjoy one of the renowned sunsets on our patio
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Vision care