An opportunity exists for a Project Manager to join our Strategic Initiatives Bureau at the Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS). The successful applicant will be driving strategic initiatives and business-focused projects across the organization and participate in the research, planning, coordination, training and management of project related activities. Successful candidates will be strong facilitators, self-described change agents, strong written and verbal communicators, demonstrated problem-solvers and inspired at the prospect of influencing organizational culture and community safety.
Key activities include:
- Consult with project owners to ensure projects meet timelines, budget and stakeholder requirements, as set by project charters and schedules. Ensure project elements are designed in accordance with project management principles.
- Prepare the planning documents and scheduling of work for projects. Monitor and report on progress and variances with regards to performance deliverables and outcomes. Provide support on project issues, risks and discrepancies and recommend solutions.
- Coordinate and analyze project deliverables, activities and related operational requirements.
- Support project teams, working groups and committees in the ongoing development and management of project plans. Schedule and organize stakeholder meetings including the preparation of supporting reference materials.
- Assist in the management of budgeting, scheduling and resource planning. Prepare financial reports and update budget tracking documents by analyzing variances and reporting records.
- Research and evaluate business processes and stakeholder needs. Conduct best practice studies and related financial analysis. Identify opportunities for policy and procedural improvements.
- Prepare and manage reports, documentation and presentation materials. Ensure project documentation adheres to standards and is available to project members. Produce project status and progress updates with milestones and critical paths identified.
- Develop and maintain project management related tools, templates and processes.
Your Professional Qualifications:
- Minimum five years of related specialized project management experience and extensive use of related technical tools and software.
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects with varying degrees of size, scope, time, resources, costs and complexity.
- Well versed in Project Management methodologies and tools, along with the ability to apply them appropriately across a range of circumstances.
- Experienced in all phases of project management lifecycles.
- Experienced in effectively interacting with management teams /committees.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and lead projects across the organization thorough quantitative analysis, presentations, and report development.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare reports and presentations and delivery those presentations to the various stakeholders.
- Well versed in providing analytical project management support services by actively participating in the research, planning, coordination and management of project related activities.
- Demonstrated ability to be an innovative thinker that supports the design and delivery of strategic project initiatives within an organization
- Minimum university degree in business or related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to drive results.
- Superior communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Active listening skills and the ability to communicate ideas throughout all levels of an organization.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain successful and effective relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully operate within a team based environment.
- Must possess strong organizational skills that include the ability to prioritize tasks, manage time effectively, and perform multiple functions for several ongoing projects.
- Strong ability to motivate others to achieve objectives is essential.
- Must have the ability to follow-thorough on completion of tasks and responsibilities with a high degree of quality control such as conducting best practice studies and related financial analysis.
- Able to engage with stakeholders to communicate project status, evaluate business processes and determine requirements.
Location and Other Considerations:
This position is based in Oakville at the new Headquarters facility which is located at the QEW and North Service Road West.
The salary range for this position is $85,728 to $96,303 per year (January 1, 2019). We offer a competitive benefits package which include but is not limited healthcare benefits (i.e. dental, vision care, paid leave (i.e. annual vacation and designated holidays (13) and pension plan – Ontario Municipal Employee Retirement Systems (O.M.E.R.S.)
How To Be Considered For This Exciting Opportunity:
Anyone interested in this opportunity must apply on-line with a resume and a detailed letter outlining their experience and skills. This information should be forwarded to Staffing Advisor, Human Resource Services, quoting Competition 45-C-19 on September 24, 2019. The Halton Regional Police Service is committed to the principles of equal opportunity. The Halton Regional Police Service is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please note: All applications must be submitted to the Service’s on-line system to be considered for this vacancy.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must cut and paste the following link into your web browser – https://www.haltonpolice.ca/joinus/civilian/apply.php. Select the job posting “Project Manager”. Scroll down to the bottom of the webpage of that specific job posting. Click on Apply Now. Please Note: Initial applications to our Service require a two-step process, initial registration on the system and an application for a specific position. You should receive two confirmation emails: one for initial registration on the system and one for an application to a specific position. No phone calls or emails, please. We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $85,728.00 to $96,303.00 /year