NRB Inc. is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager for it's Grimsby, Ontario location. The QA Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining existing effective quality control processes. This will be applied using NRB QA policies and procedures throughout the production office, plants and job sites.
This person will lead the QA team to ensure finished products have been constructed in compliance to legal, company and customer standards. They will communicate with Project Managers, Plant Managers and Senior Executives within the NRB and Horizon North Logistics teams.
The QA Manager will work with the corporate team at Horizon North Logistics to address requirements of new markets in product areas such as affordable housing, hospitality, multifamily residential housing and others. These new product lines require a more rigorous and comprehensive quality certification program. The QA Manager will assume stewardship of bringing NRB Inc. up to that level of quality performance.
Responsibilities to Include:
- Monitoring quality on projects from production stages through to site installation and documentation of same, to ensure projects meet company standards and customer expectations.
- Managing overall inspection and testing activities (including NDE), mock-ups, and the non-conformance deficiency management process.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable building codes.
- Setting requirements for all raw materials and products and monitoring for compliance.
- Overseeing product development procedures to identify deviations from QA standards.
- Creating and reviewing product specifications and building processes.
- Inspect completed projects and compare to requirements.
- Fostering a culture of quality and continuous improvement.
- Keeping accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis.
- Supervise QA inspectors and technicians and provide guidance and feedback.
- Making final determinations or dispositions related to non-conformance.
- Liaising with other departments, agencies, consultants and customers as required.
- Communicating with the external assessment body on all matters related to the external accreditation process.
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Business, Engineering or Trades & Technology.
- Successful completion of a Quality education leading to an advanced Quality Designation.
- Practical experience in at least one of the following; carpentry, electrical, plumbing or cabinetry, preferably in the construction industry.
- Familiarity with Provincial Code Books and industry Quality Control Standards.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years experience in a supervisory or management role within the quality field.
- Ability to coordinate and maintain an applied program for manufacturing quality assurance.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management and decision-making skills.
- The ability to write clear and concise reports and communicate to senior managers.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- The ability to effectively manage fluctuating workloads to meet deadlines.
- The ability to lead, motivate and coach others to meet team goals and objectives.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance: 5 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)