Main Purpose of the Job:
* Provide nutrition and other health behaviour change education to patients , for Weight Management & other health conditions ( 50 % )
- Administrative assistant duties including reception for the proper function of medical office (50 %)
- Act as physician assistant in both clinical care & operation of medical clinic
· Paid Vacation leave: 2 weeks
· Paid Public Holidays
Skills & Qualifications:
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Nutrition, Food Sciences, Dietetics or equivalent.
- Registered with the appropriate College in good standing
- 2 + years of clinical experience in Nutrition , & Health Coaching on Obesity
- Independent learner , problem solver with ability to learn and implement nutrition protocols , figure out and manage office administrative and operational issues
- Be able to figure out and implement new projects and clinic services independently and enjoy the learning and challenge associated with this
- Detail oriented and thorough in work
- Be flexible and able to problem solve , work collaboratively with the team
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and software programs including Microsoft Office, email and internet.
- Minimum 1 year experience in using Accuro Electronic Medical Record
- Willing to do administrative duties including reception work , as required for medical clinic
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbally.
- Be professional and work effectively with culturally and economically diverse peers and patients
Medical Office environment with direct contact with patients with a variety of health condition
Interested parties are invited to apply with their cover letter and CV.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: Up to $20.00 per hour
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
Universal Precautions are used to reduce the spread of infection and protect employees . Patients are being seen by telephone or video during COVID-19.
- Medical Office Administration & Health Coaching: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)